Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

EPAWA is pretty good. been paying attention to them for a while now. i dont think they hype shit, and they really haven't said much about the weekend storm other than its there on the models, and could be pretty significant. They were really on top of Sandy, when everyone was saying that was going out to sea, and it wouldnt affect us.

And yes, there are a ton of facebook weather sites, posting model runs from a week or two out, which is just silly. with facebook anybody can be a weatherman.

They have been pretty good. And actual have a meteorology background. There is hype, but what would the weather be without it?

• Like 2

I'll get off work for sure if we have a power outage.

Yeah but it sucks when it's because of ice. Then the skiing sucks too.

Hopefully this can give us a super solid base for any upcoming storm this weekend.

And I hate talking about an upcoming storm because I don't want to burn it out. So I won't talk about the weekend storm until after this one.

• Like 2

EPAWA is pretty good. been paying attention to them for a while now. i dont think they hype shit, and they really haven't said much about the weekend storm other than its there on the models, and could be pretty significant. They were really on top of Sandy, when everyone was saying that was going out to sea, and it wouldnt affect us.

And yes, there are a ton of facebook weather sites, posting model runs from a week or two out, which is just silly. with facebook anybody can be a weatherman.

I think they've reduced their hyping after taking a lot of abuse for doing it early on.

Probably one of the better ones on FB.

• Like 1

I think they've reduced their hyping after taking a lot of abuse for doing it early on.

Probably one of the better ones on FB.

Yeah they used to forward DGEX runs without telling anyone DGEX always says snow and lot of it. Whatever...like I said its nerd stuff....

This morning NOGAPS ran OTS on the feb 8-10th storm, basically the Gulf of Alaska stole our fucking energy, without the energy the wave isn't as strong and the whole thing pushes east.

IDK I still think the EURO comes back down the middle and somebody gets alot of snow out of this.

This will be good for the snowpack. At least Sundays storm should be colder and all snow. Blue said they just changed over from snow to a wintry mix. Not buying it.

it changed over from snow to a wintry mix here around 5:30. Then it was a wintry mix until 7:15 and now its all sleet and freezing rain.

that's just a few mile south of there, so i'm sure it was similar at Blue.

it changed over from snow to a wintry mix here around 5:30. Then it was a wintry mix until 7:15 and now its all sleet and freezing rain.

that's just a few mile south of there, so i'm sure it was similar at Blue.

Similar on the mountain. Straight up sleet and now on top of 7 inches or so. Lots of wind so it feels like I'm shoveling 2 feet in certain spots.

Moe Ghoul you heading to Vermont now to ski the pow for this storm? Forecast is for 100% snow with this storm. Even southern Vermont will end as a mix. Ride DE gotta be stoked.

You two should meet up for a smoke and a pancake.

Pushed it back to the weekend now, I'm hoping the Sun/Mon event will be more rain in Philly, then I'll head up Saturday or Sunday. I got a few branches down here, took down some neighbors wires but luckily it didn't shut off the power. Our street is closed off because of it. Glad I stayed home. I have a neighbor reporting any power outages in VT for me if it happens. I used to enjoy getting snow in Philly, now I hate it, its holding me back.

• Like 1

It's not like I'm saving lives.

Thank the lord for that.

Pushed it back to the weekend now, I'm hoping the Sun/Mon event will be more rain in Philly, then I'll head up Saturday or Sunday. I got a few branches down here, took down some neighbors wires but luckily it didn't shut off the power. Our street is closed off because of it. Glad I stayed home. I have a neighbor reporting any power outages in VT for me if it happens. I used to enjoy getting snow in Philly, now I hate it, its holding me back.

Sounds like you need to make the move north for good!

All rain/freezing rain here now.

• Like 1