Ya know what.. I feel like starting shit again

Santa Clauss

WOW, its obvious theres pretty much absolutely no interest in Montage mountain (most of the people I know STILL don't know it as sno) on pasr anymore, wondering if its reflecting in there revenue If so... Maybe they should pull out some wackey advertisements or some tangible discounts. Imo, throwing out big discounts will bring in customers, maybe not oblivious customers paying $45 for a fucking 4 hour pass, but if it brings in 10 customers they wouldn't have had, its money right? I want to go riding during the day tomorrow and I value my money, just like you. When I can take one hour out of my life to drive to a mountain I have like 10 options from where I live.. There lifts are slow and suck and there terrain isn't the greatest. Why should I pick montage? yea I called it montage. Sno is gay. I have about 20 family members who are in for the holiday and they said It was disappointing from what I said it would be because I only came in on the 17th so I haven't been able to go yet this year ohh and it would have been 30 if tubing was open.

Now I understand It's expensive everywhere, AND I understand that, if I don't like it just go somewhere else and shut my mouth, ANDDDD I know It costs a lot to run a resort. But! I would have gone today with them if I didn't feel like it was too expensive, and ya know what... call me crazy, stupid, retarded... but I have a feeling a lot of other people feel the same way. So could a good business plan be pricing your service so that people didn't feel like they were getting bent over a chairlift and getting fucked in the ass? I think so, If your product isn't up to par and you think charging a lot to make up for your lack of numbers is the answer instead of doing the hard work and trying to pull in new customers then fine, go for it. I hope it's working and i'm wrong, I mean pasr can't be more than .01% of there possible customers right? If anyone agree's with me please speak up, even though it's probably just a lost cause. Could you imagine, I mean really, a $25 4 hour pass, any time of the day, any day of the week? like, if you never went to sno before and said, hey, its tuesday afternoon, I have nothing to do, wait! sno's 4 hour pass during the day is only $25, maybe we should try it! would you go there instead of elk or jack frost/boulder etc... JUST SAY'n =)

I'm like that guy who stands up and says... Hey, this is fucked up, I have a good idea! and 4 people in the room yell shut the fuck up and conform to society like everyone else. fuck them, and if your one of them.. Fuck you too :)

It's boring as shit around here, if posting some ignorant topic to give me entertainment is the answer then... here it is =)

I think they are a doing a 4 for 50 deal for night skiing. 12.50 a ticket to ride a night session isn't bad, but I think you need to have 4 people and they have to be used the same day.

I think they are also doing an xmas special of 3 night tickets for 60 or 3 day tickets for 90. I think you can use those any time. Those are some good deals.

I don't know much about sno, haven't been there since it was montage actually. It seems to me though that one of their biggest problems is location. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they pretty much farther north than almost every mtn in the pokes, and if you are willing to drive that far doesn't it just make more sense to keep going to elk?

I think their layout probably has something to do with it as well, like I said it's been a while though. If I remember correctly it's a couple straight runs at the top and pretty much the same at the bottom. Not exactly a winding or interesting trail system IMO.

The sales on their website produce $30-$40 savings, pretty much buy two get one free, that's pretty tangible for my pockets.

Elks prices are the same or more expensive and the lifts are slow as balls there too. The grooming sucked the couple times I was at Elk, haven't been back there in a while.

Camelback has detachables, and prices are similar, more value for your dollar? Maybe, but you don't have to deal with the liftlines at Sno like you do with Camelback. Sno needs a detachable that goes from the bottom of cannonball( approximately) to the top of Spike but the income and traffic isn't there to justify the purchase.

I completely agree with the layout of the mountain being the mountains biggest fault, but that can't be put on Sno's shoulders. Every run is basically the same experience at the top of the mountain. Straight shot right down... Whoever mapped out those trails is an absolute moron. Good job with Easy Street though bud... Must have really racked his brain plotting that trail out. The trails up top take under a minute to get down then you sit for a 10 minute ride back up, boring as hell and doesn't make you want to keep coming back. The northface is better, some variation and the lift ride is pretty short ride back up.

The top needs some variation but there's nothing that can really be done about that now, and cutting 50 yard long new trails isn't helping at all... Enough cutting down trees pleaseee. Need to start putting up big pines near the lifts up too not keep cutting new, pointless, trails.

I agree with everyone's post above. Sno is a bit of an odd duck. The trails at the top are flat and all the same. The North Face has some interesting trails with a constant pitch but are relatively short. Their prices are too high for what they offer and where they are. They do need to offer some discounts to get people to drive the extra miles and to check the place out. Diehard skiers will keep going to Elk as will I for a day trip. I like Sno for a weekend night session but the lighting sucked in the past. Does anyone know if they made any improvements this year?

That said, next week is a great time to check it out. When Blue and Camelback have people parking down the roads and are scraped off by 10:00am, Sno will have good conditions into the night. Slow lifts are a relative thing. If you are waiting 10 minutes for a 5 min. ride to the top on a HSQ, at Sno you can ski right on and be at the top in less time. The only other problem is the lodge. It is too small and is usually packed with mom, dad, and grandmom hanging out while junior is tubing. The restaraunt/bar doesn't seem so crowded but I don't really hang out in the lodge anyway. The 3 nights for $60 is a great deal but I wouldn't know about it if it weren't for this thread. I may take advantage of it but as usual their website doesn't have much info. Is it good for weekends? The 3 for $90.00 day tickets are only for weekdays which has no interest to me or most of the people who haven't been there. They really need to figure out their marketing or they will be bought at auction by Peak Resorts or Snowtime.

I don't know much about sno, haven't been there since it was montage actually. It seems to me though that one of their biggest problems is location. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they pretty much farther north than almost every mtn in the pokes, and if you are willing to drive that far doesn't it just make more sense to keep going to elk?

actually, I think sno has a pretty good advantage of location. they're basically right in scranton and they're right off the turnpike exit which makes things easier for people that do a lot of TP driving, and its right near 380/81 as well. if it was actually a good place to go ski they would easily drive a shit ton of business from the scranton/clarks area, but just about everyone I know from that area drives down to boulder or somewhere else that's not sno.

Elks prices are the same or more expensive and the lifts are slow as balls there too. The grooming sucked the couple times I was at Elk, haven't been back there in a while.

Elks prices are $48 weekday and $58 weekend and holiday. $42 and $52 tickets are available at some communities recreation departments. Starting next Wednesday, students showing college IDs can get $20 lift tickets. You can also get coupons for $20 lift tickets on cases of Coors Light sold by most local distributors and should be available at the beer store located at exit 206 (the Elk exit) in the Convenient Mart gas station there. These Wild Wednesday savings are available every Wed into March. Lifts are slow, lines are short except on MLK and Presidents weekends for the most part.

You obviously haven't skied Elk in a looong time. Their grooming has been rated in the top 10 in the East for the past several years. They really know how, and more importantly when to groom. And they have added several new high-tech groomers in the last several years.

BUT keep thinking that way, the regulars would like to keep Elk just the way it is. :rolleyes:

Edited by rummy

I have gone to Elk 15 times or so over the last 10 years, am a self proclaimed Elk groupie, and only once have I not been satisfied with conditions... It was 65 and raining on Saturday and 28 and snowing lightly the next morning... Place was a sheet of ice... Other than that, I would put Elk manmade snow conditions over most of the places I have been, and most definitely over everywhere I've been in PA... If I make it to Blue Knob I'll let you know if that statement will change, but I am damn happy with Elk...

I have gone to Elk 15 times or so over the last 10 years, am a self proclaimed Elk groupie, and only once have I not been satisfied with conditions... It was 65 and raining on Saturday and 28 and snowing lightly the next morning... Place was a sheet of ice... Other than that, I would put Elk manmade snow conditions over most of the places I have been, and most definitely over everywhere I've been in PA... If I make it to Blue Knob I'll let you know if that statement will change, but I am damn happy with Elk...

I second that statement. I was there the day it hit 65.... That night the entire place was a skating rink..... I slid out on the Delaware and went sliding on my ass for 100+ yards.

I may take advantage of it but as usual their website doesn't have much info. Is it good for weekends? The 3 for $90.00 day tickets are only for weekdays which has no interest to me or most of the people who haven't been there.

What would you like to know about it? I'm one of the people that manages the website and I'd like to know what you'd like to see. I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to find the information you want, and basically, i'm here to help.

I'm also on here all the time so if you have questions about offers or something like that, I'll answer them to the best of my ability or find the answers for you.

Elks prices are $48 weekday and $58 weekend and holiday. $42 and $52 tickets are available at some communities recreation departments. Starting next Wednesday, students showing college IDs can get $20 lift tickets. You can also get coupons for $20 lift tickets on cases of Coors Light sold by most local distributors and should be available at the beer store located at exit 206 (the Elk exit) in the Convenient Mart gas station there. These Wild Wednesday savings are available every Wed into March. Lifts are slow, lines are short except on MLK and Presidents weekends for the most part.

You obviously haven't skied Elk in a looong time. Their grooming has been rated in the top 10 in the East for the past several years. They really know how, and more importantly when to groom. And they have added several new high-tech groomers in the last several years.

BUT keep thinking that way, the regulars would like to keep Elk just the way it is. :rolleyes:

So I was correct on the pricing... Thanks for confirming, does Elk still close half the mountain when it gets dark out or have they started adding lights? Sno has done discounted college days in the past, not sure about this year. "Joes quick marts" Gas station also offer a deal on lift ticket purchases of some sort, maybe buy one get one half off... I don't remember to be honest.

As I mentioned in my post, I haven't been to elk "in a while", I have no desire to go back right now but I'll make it there at some point.

What would you like to know about it? I'm one of the people that manages the website and I'd like to know what you'd like to see. I know how frustrating it can be to not be able to find the information you want, and basically, i'm here to help.

I'm also on here all the time so if you have questions about offers or something like that, I'll answer them to the best of my ability or find the answers for you.

Thanks for the reply g15. The question was in the post you quoted, "...is it(the 3 for $60.00 night ticket) good on the weekends?" or is it like the 3 for $90.00 day ticket and only good for weekdays? Can you use all three at the same time for 3 different people or is good only for the person on the order? Like I said, there is very little information in regards to restrictions or even if there are any. Since most ski areas have holiday/weekend restrictions that would be good info to include so people weren't leary to buy.

Doesn't really matter now. The offer was only good until today. But for future reference that info should be included somewhere in the offer.

JFBB had a lot more tickets available on the CBSLocal offer than Sno. I think the JFBB offer was for a certain time frame and Sno's was for a limited number of tickets. Must have been very limited because they sold out fast and I don't think that was because the sales were higher than JFBB's sales.

So I've been up to sno twice since i've been home and the $25 pass for any time of the day was really great, I took my girl up yesterday to teach her how to snowboard, went okay. First time I went up with my good friend and ran into the GM in the bar surprisingly he remembers me from the day's I worked there, even had a brief interview by WNEP on how the new flavor of cheese-its tastes (yea really) as far as the conditions go, they were great, had a lot of un touched terrain, fresh snow, we got there around 11:30, rode for about 4 hours, hit the bar for an hour and a half, then rode for another hour.

The right side of lightning was freeken incredible i've been around, and I've never hit anything as technical as that, I don't care what elk or camelback have, I can lap that shit all day. It's just too bad it isn't really a trail.. If you hit it up, please don't die.

When you get to the top of the mountain, you look down, ya know what you see? a city and not just one city.. to the left, is an airport, when your driving around scranton, dickson city, and a couple other's at night and you look up ya know what you see??? Sno mountain, there are a shit ton of people right there, this is there back yard, my point is, there are thousands of people who have a mountain in which is no more than a 10 min drive away. So why isn't it Huge? I feel this mountain has so much potential it blows my mind it isn't packed every day.

Now yea, the upper mountain pretty much sucks as far as challenging terrain goes, but north face is fun, if the lift was faster it could allow more laps which would be even better, As far as new trails, If they wanted to make a huge investment, maybe there could be more trails on the skiers right side of the mountain, I'd love to see some longer more challenging trails.

As far as the website, maybe a "Special Deal's" icon right on the home page, right at the top, and under the ticket prices tell us what your special deals are, like under the youth and senior deals, list the college rates, military, group, really big group, 3 day's in a row or whatever the hell they have. people are lazy, a lot of people don't wanna call and ask. The new website is better than the old, but maybe have a little more black, or darker colors, make it look serious and more professional. Ohh and the sno mountain logo looks like it was drawn by a 6 year old using paint... I love the web cam, just wish they had more camera's. but if you look, the bunny hill lift is down, and by down, I mean the chairs are off the lift and the cable is down in the snow. yea..

dear santa... if you really want to "start shit (troll)," try not posting a book with every post. also, "starting shit," only to disappear for a week with no reply is pretty lame.

i'd stir the pot on the topic at hand, but i have to desire to read your long winded dribble.

carry on.

Nahh, I just had better shit to do, I'm not fucking attached to the computer like some people.

Sorry about the book I wrote nick, guess it's just too much for you to read.

• Like 2