Thoughts on Blue honoring other moutain's ski passes?

indiggio

I don't see the gesture converting many, if any.

I do agree that it's gonna make Blue more crowded, so Blue season passholders are the ones that get screwed... We get nothing positive out of it, and have to deal with more crowds.

Unless Blue has some deals with the other mountains, I only see them getting more food revenue? Some crazy business management going on there...

BC is gonna have a tough time, with almost an inch of rain predicted for Tues./Wed. 69 News showed their slopes prior to Christmas and they had just a few wells where the guns are.

This weather blows big time.

I don't see the gesture converting many, if any.

I do agree that it's gonna make Blue more crowded, so Blue season passholders are the ones that get screwed... We get nothing positive out of it, and have to deal with more crowds.

Unless Blue has some deals with the other mountains, I only see them getting more food revenue? Some crazy business management going on there...

BC is gonna have a tough time, with almost an inch of rain predicted for Tues./Wed. 69 News showed their slopes prior to Christmas and they had just a few wells where the guns are.

This weather blows big time.

blue will be crowded on Christmas week weather they offer this to other pass holders or not. especially with all the mountains that are not open yet. its super nice of them and super good pr. people talking good about a place goes way further then a billboard

• Like 1

blue will be crowded on Christmas week weather they offer this to other pass holders or not. especially with all the mountains that are not open yet. its super nice of them and super good pr. people talking good about a place goes way further then a billboard

Oh yes indeed. Blue gets the people that don't want to continue riding up to Camelback or beyond. But now that they opened to other pass holders, there's less incentive to go elsewhere. Why buy the cow, if the milk is free? :yes

I really hope a couple thousand passholders from BC come to blue for the next several weeks when BC is closed and overwhelm the hell out of Blue and the three open trails.

So the management at Blue thinks "Who's brilliant idea was this to allow other mountains passholders to ski here?"...

As a show of good faith Blue should ship some of their snow to BC. Blue is being way to generous. I think $10 off lift tickets would be decent but not during the holiday week. I hate the idea more and more the more I think of it. Especially cause the forecast looks like Blue will be stuck with the same limited terrain fr awhile and BC might not open for a long time.

Would be better if they did this late season when everything is open and crowds are light. This might be my last season with a pass at Blue.

I was thinking the same. But also, just how much coin do they think they're really gonna make off food and other?

Even though they have signs to not bring outside food, people will still do it, so they probably won't make much there.

Rentals? Season pass holders don't rent. Nothing there.

Since terrain is limited, they won't bring up friends. Who's gonna pay holiday rates for what little terrain there is open?

I just don't see it. Paying it forward perhaps... How far does good PR go anyway?

What's Blue's season pass cost compared to BC? Would people switch if the difference is big and a longer drive, just because Blue let them ski this year?

Unfortunately Blue is losing money each warm and/or rainy day. I'm sure it costs a boat-load to cover the runs, only to have it run down the slopes as water.

Just grateful they're open...

theyre only letting "unlimited" passholders ride blue for free so it wont be that many people. many of the locals have off peaks or weekdays. i doubt bear sells a ton of unlimited season passes. i could be wrong though. i think its a good marketing move on blues part. who cares if theyre losing ticket sales. theyre lucky that theyre even open.

theyre only letting "unlimited" passholders ride blue for free so it wont be that many people. many of the locals have off peaks or weekdays. i doubt bear sells a ton of unlimited season passes. i could be wrong though. i think its a good marketing move on blues part. who cares if theyre losing ticket sales. theyre lucky that theyre even open.

Yeah, it would be interesting to see the breakdown of season passes by type. Personally, I think most people buy the unlimited, but I don't know either. I'm only going by the people that I know and what they buy.

I'm merely stating that I don't think it's going to change anyone. If you go to BC, you're gonna still go there. Hell, like GSS says, it may serve to drive some BM passholders elsewhere. It could hurt BM in the end.

I'm sure every single person who goes to bear knows blue is better in some respects. But like you said, they chose to buy their pass at bear. Bear is 15 minutes from school for me and that was a major factor between getting a pass there or a pass at blue. I also like bears atmosphere a little better than blue. I guess we'll see in the long run if this pays off for blue or not.

i doubt it would make any blue passholders not get a pass next year... its going to be like two weeks of more crowds... which would come with the holidays anyway. if anyone doesnt get a pass at blue next year SOLELY because blue let bears pass holders in then they obviously never liked blue much in the first place.

Bad for season passholders...people who buy tickets

Good for BC season passholders.

I don't know if it will be good for Blue depends how many season passholders are pissed off. What do we matter..they already have our money and it's not like we're gonna move on to an inferior place like Camelback, JF/BB...BC...

On January 2nd I assume midweek BC passholders will be able to ski free at Blue during the week..seems fair. I'm sure some Roundtop riders will also make the Pilgrimage to Blue.

Anyway we shall see how this plays out. Gotta hope blue makes it through another warm and rain event first.

Why would you say Camelback, JF/ BB, BC is an inferior place.?

I'm sure every single person who goes to bear knows blue is better in some respects. But like you said, they chose to buy their pass at bear. Bear is 15 minutes from school for me and that was a major factor between getting a pass there or a pass at blue. I also like bears atmosphere a little better than blue. I guess we'll see in the long run if this pays off for blue or not.

I like Bear alot. Also like Blue. Gotta say people and management at Bear have been nothing but wonderful to me and my family.

People that only ski Blue cause it's free are probably not gonna spend much on food. These are Season passholders not random goobs who go skiing like its an amusement park or sporting event.

Yes, but there also be families with children who will want hot chocolate and french fries. While I'm not so thrilled about the extra crowds, I think this is fantastic. When was the last time Blue made such a major operations change like this?

• Like 1

Kyle what time do you wanna meet up Thursday??? Top of 6-pack 9AM???

I probably won't even be there at 9. It takes a solid 2 hours without traffic to get to blue from my house. I could leave at 6am and still won't be in the lot until 9.