Finally getting snow in Whitefish

sibhusky

It's snowed the last two days, a big help, and coming up:

Tonight: Snow. Low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -11. Southwest wind between 14 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tuesday: Snow. High near 14. Wind chill values as low as -10. Southwest wind between 13 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Tuesday Night: Snow. Low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -13. West wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Wednesday: Snow. High near 9. Wind chill values as low as -12. West wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow. Low around 7. South wind between 6 and 11 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow. High near 22. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

what's with the cape?

Seems to be a big phenomenon up here for some patrollers, but they have leg straps on theirs so they don't flap around like a cape... They are called hot buns... They are apparently great for keeping your ass warm on ice/snow covered chairlifts, but you sure as hell won't find me using them...

stumpville looks like a ton of fun. how steep is that?

It varies considerably both in pitch and tree tightness depending on where you are. That particular section is fairly flat. Over just a few feet is a gully which is pretty tight. I have Google earth projections here.

Define playful, Doug. You want us 60 year old women getting big air off a cliff or something? For more pictures of Big Face, go here.

If we're on Evan's, we're too busy skiing and not killing ourselves to worry about pics for you.

Edited by sibhusky

That is a beautiful picture ^

I tried to like your site but it killed my browser, will try at home with a non-400 year old version of FF.

Finally "liked" my own site, no problems using Chrome. Thanks for the thumbs up.