1-25-12

zzslope

Just before noon, I drove over the ridge to find the valley lodge closed and security at the entrance to the valley parking lot turning us back to the summit lodge. Summit lot was pretty full so had to park down at the bottom near the access road to burma. The only lifts running were vista and the six, it made for a long round trip to ski any thing on the little gap side top to bottom, so very few people where over there. Main st. was good, Switchback was really nice, lazy was very cut up, Challenge, razors, and dream weaver were icy when I hit them around 2pm, which was a surprise. Nightmare has new bumps.

I was there today. Visiting from FL. Disappointed after skiing there last winter. We were also surprised about the summit lodge being closed and the other lift not running. I am skipping tomorrow and friday and hope to ski on Saturday. Gonna try Elk, anyone else?

The lodge on the other had has been closed every morning weekday i've been there for the past month. It says on the site that the valley lodge opens at 3:30 during the week, obviously they are trying to cut back and save some money with this lackluster season.

I was there today. Visiting from FL. Disappointed after skiing there last winter. We were also surprised about the summit lodge being closed and the other lift not running. I am skipping tomorrow and friday and hope to ski on Saturday. Gonna try Elk, anyone else?

I'll be at Elk on Sunday with some friends.

The bottom lot was not closed. I got there at 845, drove right by the security guard and parked, nothing was said. When i left around 1.30, they smiled and waved good bye.

When I got there at noon the rent a cop was turning cars away to the summit. I should have followed your lead and driven past him. Much rather park in the valley, with the lodge open or closed.

whachu you talkin bout rootis? i've never been glad i didn't ski....

Went up yesterday morning. Almost didn't when toast told me it was sleeting all night.

Had such a blast. Super soft cord everywhere. Empty. Total of 12 cars in the lower lot when I left at 11.

'xactly! of all the times mountain biking and skiing in shitty conditons, weather, sick, not on my game (either physically or mentally), too busy, hungover, too hot, too cold, had the shits, bonked, tired, etc. etc. - i can't really ever remember thinking "i wished i wouldn't have come out today". i constantly remind myself of this when i'm on the fence about going out...