Give me a good reason to check this place out

tom nepa

I'm usually satisfied with blue because 1) with the exception of true glade skiing, there is good terrain variety, 2) you can lap the shit out of the mountain because the lifts are fast (singles line of course). I'll usually do 20-25k vert in a half day easy.

Actually, with the lack of natural snow and warm temps this year, it's been nowhere near as crowded on weekends as previous years.

Last year, after we got a bunch of snowstorms, the lines would be out almost to the pavement at the bottom.

I've not seen the lines anywhere like that this year.

Actually, with the lack of natural snow and warm temps this year, it's been nowhere near as crowded on weekends as previous years.

Last year, after we got a bunch of snowstorms, the lines would be out almost to the pavement at the bottom.

I've not seen the lines anywhere like that this year.

Yes. It's been nice. Now is the time to check it out. Conditions are still great as of recently.

why i ride there:

1. I grew up 10 minutes away and my parents and friends ski there

2. once it's open, sidewinder is the longest park in the area, with the most features per run combined with lower or central. boulder's jumps might be better/bigger, but you can hit 4 features in a run if you're lapping the jumpline at boulder. at blue you can hit 3 rails, then 3 jumps, than about 6 or 7 more rails, all in one 10 minute lap

3. the lifts (quad and 6pack) are fast and comfortable, and if you have a season pass, there's a VIP line to cut down on time spent waiting in line. i don't think i've spent more than 5 minutes waiting in a lift line this year

4. in my opinion, the trail variety is better than everything else around. there's several 'steep' trails, a few good bump runs, some winding cruisers, and a great beginner trail that's long enough to really get the hang of it throughout the course of one run.

5. i ski everywhere on the mountain and, similar to many of the friends i ski with, have different skis for different conditions and will frequently switch between skis during the day. the lower lodge/parking lot setup at blue makes it very easy to go back to your car between runs to swap skis without having to carry them to a locker/rack/ski check. this also provides and excellent opportunity to rehydrate with adult beverages.

• Like 5

Getting to ride with cool people like GSS and of course me. Lulz

The trail design at Blue is suprisingly good, don't get me wrong they try to put 7,000 trails per acre but Razor's, Switchback and Dreamweaver show some real thought as to what makes snow sports fun. Razor's also is one of the few in the state that you feel ok about really putting the hammer down.

• Like 2