Boulder Opens Tonight!

oldtimeskier

Jack frost? Snowmaking? In November? LOL

Negative, negative, negative. Thats my job. Lots of weather talk points to a cold shot here in November, then a warming period sort of beginning of December. our resident weatherman johnnylaw made mention of this a few days ago. What kind of temperatures the "warming" trend bring to our area remain to be seen.

It looks like starting saturday night, we get some real nice temps for snowmaking, and it looks like temps close to something that will allow round the clock snowmaking for about three days, maybe more, its worthless to really look that far. i feel like if they dont take advantage of those temps and blow at JF, they will be way behind what camelback and blue will be able to accomplish. I really believe that the wonderful folks at JFBB have finally "got it", and understand that BB and JF each have their own identity. If they think that the people that normally ski JF, will just go to BB because thats what they have open when Blue, Sno, and Camelback each have trails open, well then thats just silly talk. Basically, i think if they dont get JF opened in a timely fashion after Blue, Sno, and Camelback, they are just sending customers to the competition. It would be embarrassing if they are weeks behind the others with opening JF.

Who knows, they could have started on JF. i doubt it, but whoever runs their social media has taken the day off.

there is also a few weather models pointing to some snow next week around T-day. Too early to discuss, but the fact that its there, says the temps are there to support it. Time will tell.

• Like 1

The vibe at BB is different than any other in the pokes. I will have to see what it's like when the whole place is open, but early and late season guys like me don't fit in.

Its not much different during peak season. on the weekends, it's the freedom park crowd sprinkled in amongst the hoard of tourists from NY, NJ and philly. Weeknights it's pretty much what you experienced the other night just spread out a bit. The vibe at frost is a lot different, especially on weekdays. I'm in my 30's and always feel like an old man at BB.

We will mostly be at jf. The house is closer to bb so we will only go there for shorter sessions. I like the parking and bar better at bb. Jf has the worst parking lot in the pokes. I'm the ahole from nj that rams his SUV in the woods to make a spot. Years ago season pass holders had reserved parking.

We will mostly be at jf. The house is closer to bb so we will only go there for shorter sessions. I like the parking and bar better at bb. Jf has the worst parking lot in the pokes. I'm the ahole from nj that rams his SUV in the woods to make a spot. Years ago season pass holders had reserved parking.

I'm gonna have to disagree. BBs lot is like driving through a war zone. I'm not sure how they are able to get away those giant sink holes as you turn in. They need to pave that shit. Frost is tame in comparison.

• Like 1

I agree bb's lot is beat up, but it's easy to park close because of the layout. Jf's lot layout is horrible, they should clear out all those trees and make a huge square lot. GSS my kids get up early, but getting them out of the house is horrible. My wife deserves a medal for getting them to school each morning.

I'm gonna have to disagree. BBs lot is like driving through a war zone. I'm not sure how they are able to get away those giant sink holes as you turn in. They need to pave that shit. Frost is tame in comparison.

lol BB's lot is pretty horrible. I mean, Blue has some pot holes in the lower lot that will swallow cars, but those drainage ditches in BB's lot are next level.

Yes my only car. Yes a ford focus. And ride, not even going to respond to your post.

Currently working on buying a car for the winter. I've swayed more into the car scene then snowboarding. Last year I owned a car I could go to the mountain anytime, this year it's a different story and I'm not too worried about it. As much as skiing/riding is a hobby to you guys cars is that much of a hobby to me. I'll definitely be out to different mountains this year just depends on which of my friends are going and who can drive.

• Like 1

Yes my only car. Yes a ford focus. And ride, not even going to respond to your post.

Currently working on buying a car for the winter. I've swayed more into the car scene then snowboarding. Last year I owned a car I could go to the mountain anytime, this year it's a different story and I'm not too worried about it. As much as skiing/riding is a hobby to you guys cars is that much of a hobby to me. I'll definitely be out to different mountains this year just depends on which of my friends are going and who can drive.

you'll grow out of it. I enjoy my stock (minus tint and software) car now. No worries about ground clearance anymore...and my spine certainly enjoys the much smooth ride.

Ridge, do you think they will have love park open for Saturday ?

Ridge Racers crystal ball predicts the following... Big boulder will reopen and stay open for the season Friday with a 0% chance of love Park opening until possibly Sunday or early next week. I know this doesn't help you POC. hopefully I'm wrong.

Mid week speed laps on love Park with nobody there do sound delicious right about now.

Ridge Racers crystal ball predicts the following... Big boulder will reopen and stay open for the season Friday with a 0% chance of love Park opening until possibly Sunday or early next week. I know this doesn't help you POC. hopefully I'm wrong.

Mid week speed laps on love Park with nobody there do sound delicious right about now.

i concur. Doesnt look like quite enough production, with temps after this morning no-go for snowmaking, until sat evening.

Close, but close only counts in horsehoes, hand grenades, and diarrhea.