BC opening day?

patt.

Imagine spending 3k to stay at BC the week after Xmas and having to ride that little hill 5 days in a row. Then imagine spending that and not being able to ride that little hill because it never opened. SMH.

Well they could always cancel and go on a trip out west or up north. Same difference as someone like you renting a place in the poconos and skiing tiny Jack Frost and big boulder or eagle rock. It's the risk you take.

For real?

I guess that's a smart decision. This weather has been shit.

Fooled me for sure. Ha!

There were shooting for Tuesday or Wednesday...but you saw what the weather was like.

1 or 2 nights of decent snow making should be enough for them to get some terrain open.

I don't know that we have ever had an early or late season hike park.  I see it but I don't believe it.  Looks awful close to the base.  Maybe they are planning some fun for their big party this friday.  I haven't heard or seen an official announcement about it yet though.  You would think if they are setting that up for the waking winter that they might advertise it in some way to draw more party people.   I know if I was going up there to party and found a hike park I would be excited, unless of course I didn't bring my gear.

https://www.facebook.com/BearCreekMountainResort?ref=stream

Nevermind, there is your official announcement as of 15 minutes ago.

It's nice that they have that set up, I'm considering going tomorrow for a little bit, but I feel like it's going to be jam packed with people.

Actually, they had a early season hike park on the lower half of black bear around 2 or 3 years ago I think.

Might have been longer than that Kyle, this is my fifth year and I don't ever remember a hike park.  I think I saw somebody say in 09 or so they had one.  Before my time there.

It will probably be pretty crowded for the party but I doubt the rails will be mobbed.  6-10 for the hike park so I'd think in 4 hours you can find a window where there is some breathing room.

I'm tempted to go up for the ugly sweater contest.