BC opening day?

patt.

Would like to see a smaller hit next to the big one in BB. Because of the setup with it just being one big jump the majority of people have just been going down Cascade making it a shit show when it gets crowded with people that shouldn't be riding in the park.

With the flat light yesterday morning that big jump was sketchy to hit which sucked because it was hitting well. A smaller hit with that nice big landing would have been prime yesterday.

Would like to see a smaller hit next to the big one in BB. Because of the setup with it just being one big jump the majority of people have just been going down Cascade making it a shit show when it gets crowded with people that shouldn't be riding in the park.

With the flat light yesterday morning that big jump was sketchy to hit which sucked because it was hitting well. A smaller hit with that nice big landing would have been prime yesterday.

I would rather have a jump line back in BB again, The big jump is getting a little bit old and theres another one in cascade.

We've been in build mode since Sunday night and it wont stop until the weekend. Cascade is full width features as of this morning. We had a bit of a photo shoot on the big air setup today so that gets torn down tonight and begins the process of making that a jumpline again. Hopefully 4 in it. Baby park should get a facelift this week as well. We're going to try and space it differently and squeeze another feature in.. we'll have to see how that turns out...Upper Black Bear will be getting reworked ASAP with another jump and a rebuild of the existing one. We should definitely have enough snow for that after this storm.

• Like 1

We've been in build mode since Sunday night and it wont stop until the weekend. Cascade is full width features as of this morning. We had a bit of a photo shoot on the big air setup today so that gets torn down tonight and begins the process of making that a jumpline again. Hopefully 4 in it. Baby park should get a facelift this week as well. We're going to try and space it differently and squeeze another feature in.. we'll have to see how that turns out...Upper Black Bear will be getting reworked ASAP with another jump and a rebuild of the existing one. We should definitely have enough snow for that after this storm.

you should make that second jump a mellow step over like it was 3 weeks ago.

Also, I love the use of the pill on the side of the crossover from cascade to lower Blackbear. It would be cool to see more stuff like that. IMO it would be fun if the stairs were set up on the other side of the wall ride that's in place now, although the current setup is real fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That is good. Weren't they closed this time last year?

Yeah I believe they closed on the 8th last year? It's pretty good for them, but they could probably last a little longer into April this year. I believe the 2010/2011 season they were open until the last week of March as well.

Yeah I believe they closed on the 8th last year? It's pretty good for them, but they could probably last a little longer into April this year. I believe the 2010/2011 season they were open until the last week of March as well.

I'm not sure about that, I've been there 4 years now. Think they have pretty much always had a closing date of mid march. I agree the could easily go into april, we will see though after these snowmobile races this weekend and what they do to the snow to prepare for them. Shoot, there's still snow in the woods up there.

I'm not sure about that, I've been there 4 years now. Think they have pretty much always had a closing date of mid march. I agree the could easily go into april, we will see though after these snowmobile races this weekend and what they do to the snow to prepare for them. Shoot, there's still snow in the woods up there.

They closed spring fling weekend last year. I remember because it was the weekend my school celebrates saint Patricks day so I skipped out on it to drink all day

Skied bear creek tonight for the first time in my lots of years of skiing. (nice to get a new place under my belt.) They kicked me out at 815 due to the rain which ended the minute I left. Still skied a good hour. Random thoughts... I appreciate Blue much more than I did before. I'm not hating on the place. The facilities are by far better than anything else in the area. But it may be the flattest, smallest place I've been to. It makes big boulder feel like zermatt. Not hating. It just wasn't my thing. It was skiing so I was happy. Toast... good call on not going tonight.

Edited by RidgeRacer

Skied bear creek tonight for the first time in my lots of years of skiing. (nice to get a new place under my belt.) They kicked me out at 815 due to the rain which ended the minute I left. Still skied a good hour. Random thoughts... I appreciate Blue much more than I did before. I'm not hating on the place. The facilities are by far better than anything else in the area. But it may be the flattest, smallest place I've been to. It makes big boulder feel like zermatt. Not hating. It just wasn't my thing. It was skiing so I was happy. Toast... good call on not going tonight.

I'm willing to bet at least 60% of our pass holders are purely park riders. That's about the only reason most people go there

BC has better riding than BB...

i know some good lines there. you gotta get creative at BC, going down one run isnt going to work

Maybe I'll need a tour then but not from what I skied. I didn't find anything like BB trail or snow drift. Not that those are great runs but their Ok.