Blue 3/25

C1erArt

The lure of a free ski pass got me to come over to the dark side from Jack Frost. Was out this morning skiing the east half of the mountain. Slopes were in very good shape, temp about 30 and not too windy.

Liked Razor's Edge the most, Challenge was a little narrow with the bumps on one side - I like to take up the whole trail. Light was pretty flat to start off with, but the sun came out and was a little more confident seeing what was coming up. Dreamweaver was pretty nice, and didn't have to skid my turns like I had to at the top of Razors. The nice thing about Frost is that you really can't ski faster than you want to - not the case for me on Razors. Last time I was here, Dreamweaver was just being cleared.

Got about 12 runs in a little over 2 hours - you can get a lot of skiing in with a highspeed lift. No lines and only a couple shared chairs.

View from the top:

photo_zps07d88ce0.jpg

Looking N/E towards the old homestead.

photo_zps5d241e81.jpg

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 2

That fresh cord looks mid winter like, not almost April like.

C1er from the top of the blue mountain, in addition to your homestead, if you look closely you can see Big Pocono mountain (aka camelwhack) and other interesting geological features that make up the vast Pocono plateau.

• Like 3

That fresh cord looks mid winter like, not almost April like.

C1er from the top of the blue mountain, in addition to your homestead, if you look closely you can see Big Pocono mountain (aka camelwhack) and other interesting geological features that make up the vast Pocono plateau.

Gotta love geology. We would be schist out of luck in terms of having mountains to ski if it wasn't for it.

• Like 3