Blue Mountain Awarded $500,000 Grant for Cogen Plant

trackbiker

Saw that. They are going to build a wind farm across the ridge. The towers will have led lights to warn birds they are there. They are also going to sound a fog horn every 19 seconds to warn birds as well. The power generation is expected to be enough to power all of Carbon County.

A cogen plant is different than a wind farm. A cogen plant generates steam to turn a turbine to make electricity. The steam would then be used to heat the water in the waterpark.  But then we don't have real reporters anymore who actually check or verify anything so who knows what the grant is for?

are you sure it isnt 17 seconds? because i read in Pigeons Quarterly (I have a subscription) that 17 seconds is the farthest apart fog horns can sound to effectively deter birds. 17 seconds is as long as their attention span goes, so 19 seconds would be kind of useless

Pshhh. Typical Blue Mountain not using the most recent data from Pigeons Quarterly.

• Like 4

are you sure it isnt 17 seconds?  because i read in Pigeons Quarterly (I have a subscription) that 17 seconds is the farthest apart fog horns can sound to effectively deter birds.  17 seconds is as long as their attention span goes, so 19 seconds would be kind of useless

Well Ruffled Grouse (PA State Bird and thus the best bird) quarterly says sub 13 seconds. However there is new research that shows if the fog horn is dressed to resemble a female grouse during mating season the male grouse will attempt to purchase it a drink which can increase attention span to days even years.

• Like 1

ah that makes sense.  however there may be issues with the male buying the female a drink, as blue's bar prices are pretty high

Ruffed Grouses are masters when it comes to locating happy hours (similar to homing pigeons finding their homes)*, so I'm sure they would figure out the best times to get past the automatic sliding doors and into Blue's Bar. 

*Pigeons Quarterly, August 14, 2012

• Like 3

Pshhh. Typical Blue Mountain not using the most recent data from Pigeons Quarterly.

I laughed a little and just sharted

Beverage prices in pokes bar are reasonable in my opinion. I never feel bad the morning after like I do at beach bars.

I've never been to a beach bar how much are beers and cocktails?