Skiing Daytrip options for 11/22-23

Ski2Live Live2Ski

So here's the comparison for this sat/sun weekend (all prices best available including online in advance, and there are some smaller runs at many of those places as well as those listed):

Windham - 2 1600' vertical routes, with some shorter runs too, high speed lift,  $52

Hunter - 2 1600' vertical routes, with some alternate runs, high speed lift, $32 online

Belleayre - one 800' vertical route $25

Blue - one 800' vertical route, with some alternate runs, $40 for 6 hrs

(is that accurate vertical - not certain)

Big Boulder - one 200' vertical route $20

While Blue is more expensive than Hunter or Belleayre, anyone going with no more than 2 people in a car from PA/Central NJ would spend more going to Hunter or Belleayre when gas and tolls are considered.

Blue is my choice for Saturday as 800' vertical is enough for me my first day of the "skison".

Might consider heading to one of the Catskills places Sunday if I can't get enough.

Accurate vertical is 800 vert for Blue....save the Catskills for when more terrain is open and go to Blue but be sure to arrive early.

Mostly likely shooting back up to VT this weekend to avoid the opening weekend shit shows.

post-512-0-70499200-1416507062_thumb.jpg

I think calling the ski season the skison is dumb. Just my opinion.

U gonna head up to the Catskills straight from Blue? That would save u quite a bit of driving since u live in the Princeton area.

Also don't you have a free day at blue from your ski club?

Accurate vertical is 800 vert for Blue....save the Catskills for when more terrain is open and go to Blue but be sure to arrive early.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I think calling the ski season the skison is dumb. Just my opinion.

U gonna head up to the Catskills straight from Blue? That would save u quite a bit of driving since u live in the Princeton area.

Also don't you have a free day at blue from your ski club?

2 free days at Blue after Jan 5, and will use them on full price days.

Not gonna go straight up to Catskills as I don't want to pay for lodging and if I ski hard first day of season, my legs may need a break before day 2.

OK, no more skison. I get silly amidst early season stokage.

Definitely hitting Blue day 1, just doing public service analysis as part of getting psyched to ski

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Will anything else be so much more epic than skiing local?  Lots of people wont think twice about jumping in the car and driving 3-4 hrs each way to ski 3 hrs on 2-3 preseason slopes, but that just aint me.  save the drive for something legit.  Plus, if you go to Blue, Jeff might let you sit in his new car, and maybe, just maybe, let you beep the horn.  

• Like 2

Will anything else be so much more epic than skiing local? Lots of people wont think twice about jumping in the car and driving 3-4 hrs each way to ski 3 hrs on 2-3 preseason slopes, but that just aint me. save the drive for something legit. Plus, if you go to Blue, Jeff might let you sit in his new car, and maybe, just maybe, let you beep the horn.

I laughed

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

Will anything else be so much more epic than skiing local? Lots of people wont think twice about jumping in the car and driving 3-4 hrs each way to ski 3 hrs on 2-3 preseason slopes, but that just aint me. save the drive for something legit. Plus, if you go to Blue, Jeff might let you sit in his new car, and maybe, just maybe, let you beep the horn.

Already sat in Jeff's dads new whip [emoji533][emoji106]

Edited by toast21602
fact correction