11/28...nice snow crowded.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from another winterlike November session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the upper lot at 8:07am and there were alot of cars already in the upper lot. The temperature was 27 degrees with light snowflakes cascading down. Root, Toast, GahSkier, Atomic Jeff, Rodney, ZZslope, MBike Mike, Junior, cowboy hat lady and Johnny law were all in the house. Nice fun skiercross style start at 830am on this Blue Friday. I ended up fourth down behind Jeff, Toast and some kid I rode the lift with.

I needed a fanny flap as the recent snow was on the chairs. Upper Main Street was great..lower was more loose granular..didnt hold together well with the traffic. Lazy mile was rutted and kind of crusty so only skied it once. Upper Main Street remained good for a few runs and some were skiing the fresh under the chain from come around to chute. As the crowds grew unfortunately the Burma chair was still sitting silent which made liftlines at least 15-20+ minutes on both the Main Street and Burma sides all merging into the Main Street chair. Last run was come around to chute to lower Main Street. Chute was really nice lower Main Street not so much. Probably a 15 minute line on the Burma side. Add wet from early rides.

Had a dirt wolf and long trail blackberry wheat in the very crowded lot...then really weaved the noodle through row 3 as lots of big SUVs and pickups jutting out. Had break at the BMDI and had 2.6

Cups of coffee...JADIP!!!!

See everyone tomorrow!!!!

A whole lot faster. We were ready to leave after 3 runs due to long lift line, but they opened Burma chair so we stayed for several more runs. Before they opened it, there was some problem with ice about 4 or 5 towers up on the Burma chair as we saw a maintenance worker up on the top of the tower removing snow. As we were riding up on the main st. chair, Burma chair started to turn and a large branch came down and broke across the Burma cables just above tower 6. Two large parts of the branch stayed on the cable and rode down to tower six, we thought they were going to jam it up but as they hit the tower wheels the large one popped off leaving the smaller one on the cable. At that point the lift stopped turning. On the next ride up there were snowmobile tracks up to the tower and the branch was gone. Not long after that they open Burma chair up and all was well. Good day overall but I must say I don't like the upper lodge parking lot.

• Like 2

Even with the Burma chair running, both sides saw crowds beyond the corrals.

Barney's was rather chunky and with flat light most of the late morning, they weren't as much fun as last weekend.

Best runs today I found were on Main Street opposite Barney's which had a lot of soft powder with a big kicker from the groomed edge.

They did groom Tut's and it looked like ample amounts of snow on Shuttle, so I'm thinking they're gonna run the six-pack tomorrow.

• Like 1

A whole lot faster. We were ready to leave after 3 runs due to long lift line, but they opened Burma chair so we stayed for several more runs. Before they opened it, there was some problem with ice about 4 or 5 towers up on the Burma chair as we saw a maintenance worker up on the top of the tower removing snow. As we were riding up on the main st. chair, Burma chair started to turn and a large branch came down and broke across the Burma cables just above tower 6. Two large parts of the branch stayed on the cable and rode down to tower six, we thought they were going to jam it up but as they hit the tower wheels the large one popped off leaving the smaller one on the cable. At that point the lift stopped turning. On the next ride up there were snowmobile tracks up to the tower and the branch was gone. Not long after that they open Burma chair up and all was well. Good day overall but I must say I don't like the upper lodge parking lot.

Upper lot was designed when 1/2 of all people didnt have huge ass SUVs and pick ups...saw some people do like 13 point turns to get out of their spots.

Even with the Burma chair running, both sides saw crowds beyond the corrals.Barney's was rather chunky and with flat light most of the late morning, they weren't as much fun as last weekend.Best runs today I found were on Main Street opposite Barney's which had a lot of soft powder with a big kicker from the groomed edge.They did groom Tut's and it looked like ample amounts of snow on Shuttle, so I'm thinking they're gonna run the six-pack tomorrow.

Doubt it on the six pack tomorrow cause that would mean they'd have to open lower lodge and I don't think they are ready for that plus I assume they still wanna blast the hell out of homestretch tomorrow but I appreciate your optimism.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Yesterday was way crowded compared to last weekends early treat. Just checked the web cams looks like there blasting snow in the valley by the six pack. Maybe hold of until tomorrow and the valley will be up and running....please? I don't know if I want to pay full price for the Burma and main street lifts.

We talked to Jim Daily..general manager and reality TV star and he said no valley for tomorrow. I think opening the six pack and valley lodge would mean doubling their staff which isn't necessary for this time of year. I'll post a report in a bit. Wades crowded than yesterday and snowing now.