12/11/14...night edition

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain. The drive up was slow with lots of holiday shoppers and slow mofos. I rocked out to Ghetto Fab and Drake and pulled into the upper lot at 6:53pm with a temperature of 29 degrees and light snow falling. I parked in row 4 as there were a solid amount of cars in the upper lot. Atomic Jeff was in the house along with TheDudeAbides and MattEdge. First run I was flying down the Chute and didnt realize that lower Main Street was deep thick piles of sugar woo as Johnny law later said he was throwing bows and I said were you ringing the bell lol. I'm an agile mofo so it was all good.

The rest of the evening was spent on Lazy Mile as the top 2/3 was pretty smooth and a bit playful while the corners were deep trenches with a dark spot after the second corner and typically people piled up. Lots of young snowboarders in the house tonight. Atomic Jeff was kind enough to give me his old Oakley a frame night skiing goggles as they don't fit his glasses. Was a nice difference from darker goggles and saves me a purchase. One of the scanners wasnt working at the Main Street chair which meant a single file line but not enough people for any real lift line. I skied exactly two hours then went to the lot to have a beer with atomic Jeff. There was spot snowmaking all over the mountain and I'm expecting the valley lot, lodge and six pack to open Saturday...finally. I don't think I'll ride the Main Street chair again until there's a big pow day.

On the way back I stopped at Sheetz and took forever to get a quesadilla sangwich. It's the fucking holidays gotta be patient. All in all a fun ski session. See everybody this weekend.

• Like 3

Gotta be completely honest..... This season Blue is down right owning shit in Pa.

Yup well with their commitment to snowmaking that's usually the case. They were open halfway into April last season as well...Phillycore when are you gonna be at Blue??? I know you can get a free pass for being an instructor.

I would love to see them start opening earlier than BB.

They opened for real terrain earlier than boulder this season.

I'd say Boulder pretty much shit all over everything with conditions yesterday...

1476370_10152941464209729_83802811451538

hahahahahah that's a cheater pic, anyone with even mild skills can do it even better. Build up speed, throw a snappy power turn and make sure they take that picture on the initiation of the turn bam 2" looks like 20".....also good they took that picture with a potato.....

Valley for sure....getting stoked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgXObaM9i2Q#t=140

hahahahahah that's a cheater pic, anyone with even mild skills can do it even better. Build up speed, throw a snappy power turn and make sure they take that picture on the initiation of the turn bam 2" looks like 20".....also good they took that picture with a potato.....

Valley for sure....getting stoked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgXObaM9i2Q#t=140

Looks like a screen cap of a vid.  

Everyone I have talked that was there said it was all time for Dec.  They didn't groom boulder park and there was 6-8in pretty much everywhere.

Sucks that mainstreet was pretty terrible, but Lazy was fast enough to make plenty of turns. JADIP. See everyone in the lower lot (i hope) this weekend!

Haha, I saw your first run from the lift and despite the signature orange pants/blue jacket I didn't believe it was you because of how badly you were getting bucked around on lower main. It was as if you were riding the mechanical bull:lol: