1/2....crowded...warmer

Hey all,

I'm back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:28am and it was 27 degrees under partly sunny sky's. Atomic Jeff, Terry and Fritz were also in the house. The snowmaking assault continues with the snowmaking cannons blasting on Razors, Razorback, valley school, Burma and Central Park. The guns were shutoff on challenge and not much production on the upper part. First run was down Paradise and it was a carpet although a few runs later it became chunky. That's what I like to call lipstick on a pig.

Lazy Mile was very nice cord. Not as velvety as yesterday but still good and the falls wasnt as good as yesterday. I only skied Main Street once, it was kind of meh...sandy and boilerplate, they need to blow more on it. I went up the quad once and wow just wow they blew alot of snow on Razors with whales at least 15 feet high on the lower and middle section and the top looks almost ready. Maybe Sunday or Monday for razors.

While yesterday was dead in the morning, today there was a steady stream of cars from exotic locations like New York and New Jersey and while liftlines weren't an issu during out session, the trails got crazy crowded by about 930am. If everything was open crowds wouldn't have been an issue. Lazy mile was the craziest I have skied it so far this season. Lots of goobers causing the lifts to stop and having trouble going through the turnstyles...

After two hours I peaced out and went to the BMDI with Atomic Jeff and saw Justos Dad. All in all it was a good session and I was on my mantras for the first time this season which were like little snow ladies at only 96 underfoot and I think 184cm compared to my Shiros at 193cm and 118 underfoot. See everyone out there tomorrow then after skiing tomorrow I have to look for new boots. Tomorrow should be pleasent weather then probably rain Sunday morning.

Is it even possible to get normal 80mm waisted skis anymore?

What the hell are you riding 100+ skis at blue for

That's 3/4 of an inch.....

Sad I couldn't do today but eventually I have to work, sat morning should be ok hopefully somehow sunday morning the weather holds.

Razor's this weekend book it.

• Like 1

Is it even possible to get normal 80mm waisted skis anymore?

What the hell are you riding 100+ skis at blue for

Sure you can buy any width ski from like 63mm race skis to big ass 150mm pow boards. 100mm underfoot with a nice sidecut can be a nice carver.

That's 3/4 of an inch.....

Sad I couldn't do today but eventually I have to work, sat morning should be ok hopefully somehow sunday morning the weather holds.

Razor's this weekend book it.

I don't know about razors this weekend. Gonna take a long time to groom it out.

Yeah, they'll have to let the whales drain a bit, does it even make sense to start grooming out the snow on Razor before the rain?

I don't know and I'm sure the groomers at Blue don't know either.

good to see you finally got on the mantras doug, ive been telling you all season they are your best option

Oh Lordy...

I don't know and I'm sure the groomers at Blue don't know either.

What's the best cookie recipe? That's the question. Let the whales drain, get rained on and freeze up for extra chunky or grade it out before the rain and till it into mini cookies. Maybe those rocks at CB were actually frozen chocolate chips.

What's the best cookie recipe? That's the question. Let the whales drain, get rained on and freeze up for extra chunky or grade it out before the rain and till it into mini cookies. Maybe those rocks at CB were actually frozen chocolate chips.

It's supposed to rain an inch Saturday night into Sunday and then the temperature is supposed to ride to 50 Sunday afternoon then bitterly cold weather (single digit lows) by midnight so anyway you slice it or dice it its gonna be chunky and icy unless they blow additional snow on Razors after they groom it out and the snow sets up unless they use the fluffer attachment!!!

Me

Have fun do you still have a time share in NYC??? U gonna get your corned beef on?

Yes, and its currently embroiled in a fraud case with the NY AG office. We always hit KAtz's for a few pounds of pastrami when we leave the city. Corned Beef is boring. We like the spicy meats.