Reasons Blue is awesome?

thedude4bides

People like to find reasons to bitch about almost anything these days. I think it's partly due to the massive widespread epidemic of entitlement and I know I'm guilty at times so I just wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude for all the things I love about Blue.

1.) Blue is super aggressive with snowmaking.

2.) From the terrain parks to the bumps runs to the race courses, Blue does a great job of catering to all skiers/riders. They even opened up some glades the past few years. That segues nicely into my next point.

3.) Blue has been adding trails/upgrading lifts for as long as I've been going there. I can't stress enough how awesome this is. I was super stoked about Nightmare/Dreamweaver and it has grown into one of my favorite trails. It truly is a different mountain than it was 20 years ago. More on the horizon? I hope so!

4.). Night skiing. It is easy to take that for granted as it is standard here in PA. It's nice not having to burn a vacation day every week to get some turns in.

So what do like most about Blue?

VIP line, closest legit ski area to me, six pack, bumps, glades, new trail opening next season beyond the quad..it's mostly cut...good social scene if you like hanging out with young and middle aged dudes..Nastar Glenn..Concussion Ted...no parking lot attendants..where I got my start as a skier..razors edge..switchback..mountain manager is a former reality TV star...early openings...late closings...better than the competition

• Like 1

What is bumblebee bowl?

My fav things about Blue:

- Closest place with 1000' vertical

- Served by high speed lifts

- Reasonably steep terrain, some of which is allowed to bump up.

- Nice that they opened a bit of Glades, limited though they are

- Sentimental appeal as I've been skiing there since Little Gap days.

Bumblebee bowl for sure

That they don't care that we drink beer in their lot at 1030 and then check tire pressure

The big lefty when Nightmare goes to dreamweaver, full speed fast night with good grip snow, thousands of muscles all firing in perfect coordination for that ripping big sweeper, often it has a little lip on the inside and for a second it feels like WC super G.....well for retards.

The sort of double fall line on Switchback, the little left to tighter right back to the left line in the middle sometimes almost has two breaks which keeps shit spicy.

The people, your all a bunch of drunk or high degenerates but there is not a finer crew of snow sports enthusiasts on the EC.

• Like 4

Blue would not promote out-of-bounds skiing [emoji3]

Regardless, that video is gold

None of that is out of bounds..out of bounds would be beyond Burma or Paradise. Definitely within the ski area boundary and not many ropes were ducked that day.

Pure gold, some might say.

24 Karets...that's like a case of carrots for Bugs Bunny...yuk yuk yuk