Magic Mountain VT

NMSKI

I've got the car loaded up, gonna bounce from work at noon and drive up.

Got a cheap room at the Blue Gentian lodge looks pretty decent. Hoping they have some nice brews on tap at the Black Line Tavern this evening but I can't get too faded because it's time to shred tomorrow!

Based on the recent snowfall, temperature, and what I've seen from lurking around on TGR it should be some awesome conditions.

I've heard so many cool things about this place so I'm pumped to finally get the chance to check it out.

• Like 3

Yo I own like 1/29000000th of the that hill so feel free to tell everyone you know an owner. LOL

Sad I can't do this weekend I was trying to find a way up there but kid shit got in the way.

Go in the fucking woods, if you stop reading after this line that's cool but ride as many wood shots as possible. Skis are meant to be ridden that's why god invented ptex string and base repair tools.

Peep the ski chair out front for Nils (OG TGR dude who passed from cancer)

Wait until you see a shit ton of FKS and ask for change for a nickel (at least 50% of magic visitors are mags) go with them to the goods.

Ride Gonif and the Wardrobe.

Slay the fucking gnar on red lift line, definitely throw in some sick grabs on the little drops and make sure to yell to the peeps riding the lift...probably some game of GNAR shit.

If your feeling rowdy, when disembarking from the red chair on your left you'll see two cut paths through the woods. The lower path is Whiteout IIRC, the other is a magical path to Timberridge. Follow for about a half mile and you'll come to a 4way intersection of sorts. Left path goes back to Magic on Up Your Sleeve. The path in front but at an angle goes skier's left of timberridge but eventually meets up at the bottom with the far right path that essentially follows the old t bar line. Obviously your going to half to hike or skin back out but if it snows..........

There used to be a super hot chick that ran the caf there but I'm pretty sure she went back to Argentina or something.

Black line I like the flatbread pizza, Saturday may be the Vday dance too.

Magic is the path less traveled, it's what skiing actually really is. You give them money and you slide down the hill, everything else outside of beer is pretty much not happening. It's the little tiny bit of soul left in a sport that has mostly sold out to become a real estate scam.

It's VT before the $$$, before Intrawest blew up Stratton with a wally world version of Yurp village, before AIG used ballout money to construct that monstrosity at Spruce, before Canadians fucked up Jay.

They actually care if you spend your money there, your still a person at Magic. Revel in it, embrace it's little bit of weirdness, the Vails of this world continue to push these types of players out so they can turn skiing into a just another business with P/L reports and Present Value calculations.

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 6