Colorado skifari booked 4/7-4/14....

Last night I booked airfare on southwest Newark to Denver for under $300. Snowpack in the Colorado mountains is meager compared to last year but I have hope that some snow will fall while I'm out there. Anyway will be nice to get back in the mountains again...Rocky Mountain High..John Denver was full of shit!!!!!

• Like 5

Last April I was mostly off trail...barb thanks again for buddy passes for copper. Now I have to book rental car. Looking like around $460 for mid sized SUV

wtf does one person need a mid sized suv for? Barring a major snowstorm closing the passes, you could pretty easily get by with something much smaller and cheaper. Your Impreza fits all your ski gear plus two weeks worth of fast food trash just fine [emoji90]
  • Like 2

wtf does one person need a mid sized suv for? Barring a major snowstorm closing the passes, you could pretty easily get by with something much smaller and cheaper. Your Impreza fits all your ski gear plus two weeks worth of fast food trash just fine [emoji90]

I want AWD in case it snows and I need a big vehicle to carry my large ski bag. Anyway I had a Hyundai Santa Fe last year from Alamo and it was perfect...back seats fold down and my ski bag just barely fit. Last year that same week I had to drive in snow 3 seperate days.

Damn Doug that rental car is cheap compared to what we payed earlier this season, probably cause it was a holiday week

Yeah rental cars in April are much cheaper than mid winter...between airfare, rental car, lodging and lift tickets I'm right around $2000 allowing $100 per day for lift tickets and lodging of course Barb hooked me up with two buddy passes for copper which is $69 and the Silver inn in silverthorne is only $80 a night and ABasin is definitely under $100 for lift tickets so might come in even cheaper. Last year in Colorado I dropped $250 on 7 different strains of marijuana, 2 cookies and two kinds of gummies...and a little more than that on food and drink...

Some good lift ticket deals during April in Colorado if you book tickets online ahead of time. For a random date during my trip at ABasin only $49 for a one day ticket. Add a $15 lunch voucher for $12 more or a bacon Bloody Mary for $8 more. post-512-0-26838800-1426813762_thumb.jpg

Barb hooked me up with two Copper mountain buddy passes at $69 each...their walk up lift ticket price is an astounding $138...

• Like 1

Some good lift ticket deals during April in Colorado if you book tickets online ahead of time. For a random date during my trip at ABasin only $49 for a one day ticket. Add a $15 lunch voucher for $12 more or a bacon Bloody Mary for $8 more. attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Barb hooked me up with two Copper mountain buddy passes at $69 each...their walk up lift ticket price is an astounding $138...

what skis are you gonna be schralpin out there? Harvesting corn on the shiros?