Colorado skifari booked 4/7-4/14....

Tomoorrow my aunts boyfriend is coming to Easter breakfast. I gotta remember to not say anything stupid. Since he is new to the family, he won't be accustomed to the radical, extreme, crude, rude, racist, homophobic, and just plain insane things I tend to say. Dinner should be fine, most of the people there know I'm a little insane at this point.

I have a filter...on my air conditioner!!!! I have to go to work tomorrow for an appointment at noon. The family wanted an appointment next Sunday and I said I'd be away. Then the guy said I'm an early morning person is early ok and I said I wanted to sleep in. He said am I sure it's ok since it's Easter. I said its cool I'm like my third favorite REM song...I lost my religion a long time ago...

Oh and top two are End of the World and Stand...

there is never a time when mantras are not good

Always a good time for the Mantras!!!

I only go to Emmaus for cases of beer at Shangy's.

Yeah they have the best beer selection in the area. That whole southside Allentown/Emmaus area has a distinct microclimate being against south mountain. Several occasions including this past winter where it snowed double as much in a major storm 5 miles south of west Allentown and Whitehall.

TP4 is your aunts boyfriend named Peter or Gary???

In my rental car. Nissan murano. I could have rented a BMW 528i xdrivd for $27 a day more. Flight got in on time. Tons of crying babies and immigrants. Gotta love southwest. Lady next toe had terrible perfume and kept facing woman next to her and her hair kept getting on me. Oh well only had to wait an hour for 3 ounces of soda pop. In bad Denver traffic now. Going straight to silverthorne will get weed, check in at hotel and get dinner. I think copper mountain tomorrow.

At Murphy's food and spirits in silverthorne I walked over here. Having a house salad and brisket nachos. The boys are back in town is playing. Tarponhead Moe Ghoul and Indiggio would like it here...

Will have to hit it up next time I'm out there!

First hour at copper has been good. I got five runs in I'd say 80% groomers 10% ungroomed and 10% trees. It's sunny and windy. Snow is softening down low already. BBQs are already being set up but like 12 people here.

get in on that BBQ action! How are things off of Storm King?

post-512-0-11276700-1428512950_thumb.jpgpost-512-0-28861200-1428513077_thumb.jpg

Eating lunch at the top of the American eagle lift. Have done ten runs so far including on from top of the t bar to the base which last about 7 minutes. Eating Jambalaya after lunch gonna work my way across the mountain again. I'm parked I. The pay lot at the very base of super bee. Super bee is like a 1800-2000 very high speed six. post-512-0-62523300-1428513130_thumb.jpg

get in on that BBQ action! How are things off of Storm King?

I was only on storm king t bar once. Very windy and blowing snow some areas boilerplate and some areas have wind blown chalk definitely not above freezing up there. The rest of the mountain is mainly like pennsylvania packed powder and hardpack pretty good grooms not many divots. When I'm done with lunch I. A few the bottom faces should be pretty soft. Clouds are starting to increase as a snowstorm moves I. For. The north and west.

• Like 2

I say it every year that I'm going to start planning my trips out west for late in the season to maximize the pa season, and have all season to get the ski muscles all dialed in. Sure the chance of pow diminishes greatly but so does the PA skiing sux syndrome upon returning.... Guess it's a tradeoff....

Looking great Doug.....jealous as hell but stoked for you my man

Waiting the whole season to go out west kind of sucks. Skiing in PA doesn't do much for my western skiing. Today the runs were double or triple as long as I skied the last two months..but by the end of my session I was cranking out top to bottom. Clouds are moving in and depending on which for war as much as 6"-9" could fallin the mountains and its supposed to get alot colder. Probably in the teens to start tomorrow.

Anyway I'm back in my room half asleep eating chips and guac.

Gotta get over the PA skiing sucks thing. Skiing is awesome period.

• Like 3