Where was your earliest ski day?

Ride Delaware ?

Stay at the best western in Rutland..it's on the east side of Rutland like 15 minutes from the big K and then you don't have to room with strangers.

Rutland != 15 minutes from Killy. You can stay within walking distance from the snowshed base lodge for less money and not deal with the dump that is Rutland.

• Like 1

I've stayed at the Comfort in and it's not too shabby. I've also stayed at the Econolodge in Mendon (right between Rutvegas and Killington) many times. The Econolodge is now a "Budget Motel". It's kinda crappy and still allows indoor smoking. The room is only $50 (or less) and its 10 minutes from Killington. Depends on your budget I guess...

I've stayed at the Comfort in and it's not too shabby. I've also stayed at the Econolodge in Mendon (right between Rutvegas and Killington) many times. The Econolodge is now a "Budget Motel". It's kinda crappy and still allows indoor smoking. The room is only $50 (or less) and its 10 minutes from Killington. Depends on your budget I guess...

That budget motel is gross I won't stay there again and there's also a travel inn that's gross.

Yup chains have to keep to a certain standard sort of like how the 49er in Jackson hole is affiliated with quality inn and has improved over the years. They even have flat screens now and recliners.

Travel Inn Rutlandpost-512-0-69957400-1445305205_thumb.jpg

And Rutland is pretty much the armpit of Vermont. The sirloin saloon also shutdown.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Because that’s where a steep hill was.  RideDE likes to troll and say I don’t get after it anymore.  I skied 70+ days last season and he rode like 8 days.  Loser 

Wow he sounds like a major troll. I'd love to see pics!! Anywhere in the Hazleton area I would probably recognize instantaneously.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Here you go salty. 

9C7F7AF2-8E15-46E3-9C68-0C470A424862.jpeg

Thanks!!! So you guys took a road trip to McAdoo just to ski down a hill? That's pretty hardcore. I know where Ryba's auto sales is but can't figure out where the hell the above RR crossing is. I dont think it's in Mcadoo.

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Thanks!!! So you guys took a road trip to McAdoo just to ski down a hill? That's pretty hardcore. I know where Ryba's auto sales is but can't figure out where the hell the above RR crossing is. I dont think it's in Mcadoo.

What do you mean you guys.  It was just me and there was only snow on the ground north of Tamaqua as you climbed elevation. I did several laps. It’s near I-81 and 309

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What do you mean you guys.  It was just me and there was only snow on the ground north of Tamaqua as you climbed elevation. I did several laps. It’s near I-81 and 309

Never mind, I thought you were skiing in Hazleton with Ride Delaware ? for some reason. But that sounds epic!! WTGAI!! I tried skiing the hill where I live but getting back up in ski boots is way too exhausting.  

• Haha 1