Where was your earliest ski day?

Ride Delaware ?

No decent snowmaking temperatures this week at Abasin.

ABasin doesn't have any lodging but you can stay in Dillon or Silverthorne for $70 a night.

The run they'll have open is not as good as Main Street at blue.

TP4 the white ribbon of death they'll have open won't be that bumped up due to lack of pitch prob just alot of push piles.

Earliest opening at LL was a couple years ago on Oct. 17? I believe the run there is significantly better than what they offer at A Basin, but since it's twice the vert and just as wide, it takes longer to cover. They don't even have enough firepower to run the whole run at once.

I'm hoping to hit Killington late October since Rime only needs about 12-18 hours to be skiable, but temps aren't looking favorable for that either...

• 2 weeks later...

Not doing Europe now. Am talking with some folks about possibly doing it in Feb when it will be more worthwhile. If I get in any Oct turns I expect it will be Killington.

No firm source on Killington but there are a lot of people chattering on Alpinezone forum about it. Sunday River is the only place that has made an announcement.

Who wants to carpool to Killington the weekend of 24th to 25th if they open? Isn't there some budget ski hostel up there?

Stay at the best western in Rutland..it's on the east side of Rutland like 15 minutes from the big K and then you don't have to room with strangers.

If I go for the K it will be driving up the 23rd and skiing and driving back the 24th. Just made plans to leave for Jamaica on the 25th.

You staying at club hedonism?