Where was your earliest ski day?

Ride Delaware ?

Now that the season is getting closer to starting every day, I thought I would see when everybody logged their earliest day. I've routinely posted mid November days since 11/12 (when I was at SR), but my earliest day was posted November 4, 2013 at Killington via the Stairway to Heaven.

I've skied Killington lift served in October back when they would drive people up in a pickup truck to the chairlift. I skied stowe in October and hiked up nosedive and skied down national and lower nosedive and skied by the side of the road in Hazleton in 2008 in October

In Montana I had earned turns at bridger bowl and lift served at big sky on October news just lose mr k about 400 vert

I've skied Killington lift served in October back when they would drive people up in a pickup truck to the chairlift. I skied stowe in October and hiked up nosedive and skied down national and lower nosedive and skied by the side of the road in Hazleton in 2008 in October

In Montana I had earned turns at bridger bowl and lift served at big sky on October news just lose mr k about 400 vert

I remember the Hazleton trip. You had to drive to get that.

Just saw a vid on AZ of the trucking. That looked gnarly.

October 30th, 2011. Split rock resort.

Early season hike? Anybody actually ski there when there was a lift?

I grew up skiing split rock. I wish they stayed open so I could have taught my girls there instead of eagle rock. Crazy that I did 5 seasons at eagle rock.I also skied split rock in October one year. BB will open in November again this year.

Why is it crazy you spent 5 years at eagle rock??

I think eagle rock is only open to people who own or rent homes on the mountain. Pocono ocean city said they are only open Friday-Sunday and apparently only groom once a week.

It's not cheap to maintain a mountain. If they don't have outside revenue, I'm sure the owners don't want to pay out of their butts to keep it open and operating like a major player.

My last season there they were talking about not opening to the public for the following season. We already committed to JF so I'm not sure what ended up happening. It's a nice little hill and fun when it's 100% open. Problem I had was it took till MLK weekend to get fully open. Super cheap season pass but only open 3 days a week other than holidays.

Eagle rock is open to anyone who wants to go but I'm pretty sure they only spin the lifts thursday through sunday. My brother is the golf course superintendent there and occasionally helps them out at the ski resort when they need a hand with something.  

OTOH could likely get to Denver on Frontier frequent flier miles, get a cheap lodging deal at A-B this time of year, and spend a lot less time in transit.

Not yet sure what the week will be so I will see how this unfolds and check conditions and price it out then.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

OTOH could likely get to Denver on Frontier frequent flier miles, get a cheap lodging deal at A-B this time of year, and spend a lot less time in transit.

Not yet sure what the week will be so I will see how this unfolds and check conditions and price it out then.

Personally i think its a waste to go through all this to score some mediocre early season turns.  That is just my worthless two cents though.  

might be able to carpool with %?rideDE?  he is skiing somewhere in October as well.  

• Like 2