some pictures from blue

larrytbull

As long as they got Barneys seeded I'm ok with that

Does blue usually open with seeds on Barney's?? I'm hoping they hold off on the bumps until they expand terrain.

So how many days or under freezing do you think it takes to open main street and vista?

4-5 nights in the low to mid 20s. Blues problem is they often have inversions

If there ain't death cookies, it ain't Blue...

Opening day the cookies can be the size of bowling balls n

I think I was there thanksgiving weekend - which was a week after opening, right?  Main street, lazy mile, that park under the lifts, and both of the connector chutes were open with honest to god really nice snow. And also vista.

Yup the snow at blue last year for early season was good cause it was cold.

I don't know about opening weekend, but the first day I was there, they seeded bumps.  Now that I think about it, I rode the lift with the mogul instructor and I think he said they started seeded the second day they were open.

Which i think is smart.  I know my family often chooses blue over other places based on bumps.  

I don't know about opening weekend, but the first day I was there, they seeded bumps.  Now that I think about it, I rode the lift with the mogul instructor and I think he said they started seeded the second day they were open.

Which i think is smart.  I know my family often chooses blue over other places based on bumps.

Well Blue has the most bump runs of any resort south of New York.

Doug would be like the Abe Froman of the LV only pierogies

I honestly don't get that comment. I know he's the guy from death of a salesman.

Oh actually that's the sausage king of Chicago from ferris buellers day off. I was thinking Willy Loman and the pierogie company wasn't in the Lehigh valley it was out towards Amish country.

I'm the tombstone king of eastern PA and NJ as it is.

• Like 1

Will prob be up there again next sunday, so will try to get a picture of TP4's statue.  I thought i saw it holding up one of the new expensive snow cannons they bought this year, funny how they mounted it from the groin of the statue

What are you doing at blue next Sunday??? Maybe do a snow dance or sacrifice a goat or something

What are you doing at blue next Sunday??? Maybe do a snow dance or sacrifice a goat or something

kid has dryland training for freestyle team.  

also stopped up at summit lodge to get our passes, as well as grab a burger.  The food is really good there 

I tried the Snow dance thing, doesn't really work

Exactly why I never trust food reviews. Gotta try for myself.

Did you get 10% off food with your pass or is that only during ski season.

all year round.

I had the cole slaw with my groomer burger and cole slaw was ok, but my son had the bay fries with his burger, and they were really Good.  Price was a bit on the high side $15 for a bacon cheese burger with fries, but i could hardly fit the burger in my mouth.  I am no lightweight either .  But FWW  the valley lodge food is awful, can't eat down there.  Can't figure that part out

Edited by larrytbull

The valley lodge cafeteria is operated by an concessions company that is not run by blue mountain. Anybody ever eat at the fish and chips stand or Philly cheese steak stand? There's a coffee stand as well but not open until after the lifts open. I still wanna try one of the waffle sangwiches.