some pictures from blue

larrytbull

$56M surprises me. I'd love to see a balance sheet. Hard to tell much just based on revenue but one thing is certain: blue cuts as many corners as possible with respect to operations and employee treatment.

That number seems to be really inflated.  Or whatever else falls under the Tuthill umbrella is really making bank.  I doubt Blue Mt is pulling in that type of revenue.  Granted these are all numbers pulled from the internet, but here goes.  2015 Whiteface skier visits, 216K, 8.5 million in Revenue.  JFBB reported 11 mil in like 2007. i think Peak as a whole reports like 100 mil.  Peak is what, 7 or 8 resorts deep?  Based on those numbers Blue isnt doing 56 mil.  I know, i know, more skier visits, lifts are faster, burgers are better....but not 56 mil.  over inflated revenue dollars are always a good thing if you want to sell, though.    

At their peak Killington did about 1 million visits per season. When PowdR corp took over they dropped to about 750,000 and now are up due to their early and late season skiing.

I believe whistler/blackcomb is the North American leader with about 2 million visits per year and Vail is in that range as well. The big summit county resorts do over a million and Jackson hole is pushing 500,000...I remember seeing that big sky does about 300,000.