some pictures from blue

larrytbull

I believe you mentioned the service and burger being subpar and overpriced in the Slopeside grill last year you mentioned that burger was too thin to cook to order. I also remember you discussing cafeteria burger from upper lodge as being really bad but that was from the previous season. Anyway I've smoked about ten pounds of pot in my lyfe and my memory is fantastic.

At a rate of one quarter per week that would take 12.307 years to smoke ten pounds. Seems legit.

My memory ain't so good. Just recently lost my ski waxing iron. Totally ridiculous because it's not like a set of keys that could be in any random place. It's a freaking iron that stays put in the garage. I went through all this trouble to build this awesome ski tuning bench and I have no iron. Go figure:

d3eaf260b11502e1a2b5f0491e61213e.jpg

Had to be stolen. No other explanation. I even looked in the freezer for it.

And now I know you'll remember this three years from now. Creeps me out.

*shivers*

• Like 3

At a rate of one quarter per week that would take 12.307 years to smoke ten pounds. Seems legit.

My memory ain't so good. Just recently lost my ski waxing iron. Totally ridiculous because it's not like a set of keys that could be in any random place. It's a freaking iron that stays put in the garage. I went through all this trouble to build this awesome ski tuning bench and I have no iron. Go figure:

d3eaf260b11502e1a2b5f0491e61213e.jpg

Had to be stolen. No other explanation. I even looked in the freezer for it.

And now I know you'll remember this three years from now. Creeps me out.

*shivers*

Nice setup!
  • Like 1

I have a bad feeling about the bumps this year...

It will be interesting. Fingers crossed.

I had high hopes for this season but it's just not panning out so far. Had to cancel my thanksgiving plans at Killy because no way they'll be top to bottom by then. Instead I have have to get on a plane to ski in the month of Nov. A Basin should be sweet, though.

I had high hopes for this season but it's just not panning out so far. Had to cancel my thanksgiving plans at Killy because no way they'll be top to bottom by then. Instead I have have to get on a plane to ski in the month of Nov. A Basin should be sweet, though.

ABasin could have alot of terrain open by thanksgiving. The Pali terrain is apparently filling in well. Flying to Colorado>driving to Killington. If blue still isn't open in a month I may have to do the same thing. I can hold out a few more weeks.

Still holding out hope for Killington on Dec 5 and 6

You'll be fine. I would guess that you'll have t2b terrain off of at least Killington and Snowdon, and If temps really cooperate, Ramshead. Temps are going to kick into high gear next week.

I think it's a good call to fly out west, but I think Killington will sneak in t2b on Thanksgiving. Temps should allow for it and the niar doesn't appear to be as bad as it first seemed.
  • Like 1

What kind of bad feeling??

With Danny gone, that they're not going to be re/seeded or if so, not nearly as often.

I also don't think that anyone else has the passion that he did.

I believe that at the end of last season, after Danny departed, they left the bumps go for the remainder.

Only time will tell...

What you hear?

Nothing, just a feeling.

Hopefully I'm wrong and pleasantly surprised.

Edited by indiggio

With Danny gone, that they're not going to be re/seeded or if so, not nearly as often.

I also don't think that anyone else has the passion that he did.

I believe that at the end of last season, after Danny departed, they left the bumps go for the remainder.

Only time will tell...

Nothing, just a feeling.

Hopefully I'm wrong and pleasantly surprised.

Was danny the bump instructor?  I met that guy on the lift once - nice guy. 

Why did he leave?

Was danny the bump instructor? I met that guy on the lift once - nice guy.

Why did he leave?

I believe his name was Greg. He relocated to CO. Forget where exactly but there is a chance I'll see him in a week.

That million is a drop in the bucket for Blue. They probably gross 20-30 million a year. Can just raise the price a couple percent to make up for it.

if that's true then why are they asking ski instructors to paint benches and shit without pay? Blue has invested a shit ton into the mountain the past few years and probably won't be breaking-even on those investments for another few years. Regardless, I'm sure insurance will cover this particular judgement.

I believe his name was Greg. He relocated to CO. Forget where exactly but there is a chance I'll see him in a week.if that's true then why are they asking ski instructors to paint benches and shit without pay? Blue has invested a shit ton into the mountain the past few years and probably won't be breaking-even on those investments for another few years. Regardless, I'm sure insurance will cover this particular judgement.

What the fuck...it would be different if blue was a non profit or something like mad river glen for instructors to help paint benches for no pah but that is fucked up. And yeah insurance should cover that but their premiums will go up. With my employees they don't have to pay for anything out of pocket, not insurance, delivery guy gets his work boots and clothes paid for and even when I go to Wendy's and get something for me and the office manager it's on the company credit card. I gotta keep her happy cause she does the work I don't wanna do. Anyway shame on blue for having instructors paint benches for no money and shame on the instructors for doing it.

That million is a drop in the bucket for Blue. They probably gross 20-30 million a year. Can just raise the price a couple percent to make up for it.

I dont see anywhere in that article that Blue Mt. was sued.  The company contracted to do the work was sued. The price of Burgers will not be affected by this.