some pictures from blue

larrytbull

Well Blue has the most bump runs of any resort south of New York.

I guess with 3 that could be true, but Cliff is awfully short, and I prefer Montage's Boomer and White Lightning to anything at Blue. They stay fluffy a lot longer while Blue's get scraped to ice real quick, and are more often natural not seeded. Quality over quantity. Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

I guess with 3 that could be true, but Cliff is awfully short, and I prefer Montage's Boomer and White Lightning to anything at Blue. They stay fluffy a lot longer while Blue's get scraped to ice real quick, and are more often natural not seeded. Quality over quantity.

While I prefer Blue overall, There is truth to this.

Blue doesnt have steep enough terrain for natural bumps. More like push piles.

The most bump runs I remember blue having was 4 plus a tiny bump line under the six pack at the end of sidewinder park. Chute, challenge, Barney's and chute. I like the chute bumps the best. Dreamweaver and upper Main Street bumps you can really hollywood down due to the mellow pitch. Second half of Barney's can get huge...challenge bumps can have ice that you can see your reflection in. Although I like skiing fast groomers at blue the best(except for pow days) I'm happy about blues commitment to bumps..

And that looks like the machine from the movie Big

post-512-0-49899300-1447728370_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Country junction had a Zoltar machine for sale when I was there the other day. Wonder if that's where Blue got thiers. I can't wait to have my fortune read in between runs.

Edit... Fred Savage was huge back in the day. Damn you Winnie Cooper toying with his emotions.

Edit again. You can thank The Voice and my wife's insistence on watching it for these ridiculous posts.

Edited by RidgeRacer

I have been to Elk a litany of times, can safely say I've been one of the biggest supporters of them on PASR, have been there multiple times in the spring, and I can only think of one trail being bumped up, and that's Tunk. They sometimes let one or two stay ungroomed if it snows for a day or two, but they groom that out quick... That being said, Tunk does have some great bumps...

I guess with 3 that could be true, but Cliff is awfully short, and I prefer Montage's Boomer and White Lightning to anything at Blue. They stay fluffy a lot longer while Blue's get scraped to ice real quick, and are more often natural not seeded. Quality over quantity.

What is 'Cliff'?

Also, just looked at blue trail map - what the heck is 'Pioneer Pass'?

What does Fred Savage have to do with the Zoltar machine..fred savage wasnt in big. He was in the Wizard where he travelled to the Nintendo world championships with his little brother who played the brand new game super Mario brothers 3 lol. Wow that movie is 26 years old.

You are correct. I got confused with another 80s tour de force... Vice Versa where Fred Savage and his father switch bodies.

What is 'Cliff'?

Also, just looked at blue trail map - what the heck is 'Pioneer Pass'?

Yeah, what is cliff? You mean chute?

There are rare days when the bumps on challenge are corn soft and everyone is killing it - that bump run is loonnngggg. Longest around here I can think of. I don't think even Huntah has any dedicated bump runs that long

I don't remember chute having bumps last year - I remember nightmare, and of course main street/barneys.  Not that it matters.

Many years ago - maybe 7 or 8? - I remember Blue had their bump competition on Challenge.  Whole thing was completely bumped up - super nice...they had the area for the competition cordoned off, and they were nice and huge...

I don't think they run the competition on challenge anymore, do they?  

I really think other mountains are missing the boat on not seeding a few runs with moguls.  Where we are vertically challenged in PA, and lack consistent steeps, I think it's great to have some mogul trails open, even if they aren't too steep - in fact, maybe that's better, because it would encourage people to try them...  Basically, it's the terrain park theory - you might not have a super tall mountain, but you can have some rails and jumps ljust like the big guys...same is true with moguls.  

takes commitment though.  Can't just let moguls grow on their own on less steep terrain, and in thaw/freeze cycles, and without consistent new snow....

• Like 2

a few years years ago there was a bump line on come around opening day, fun with the slalom skis.

what about nightmare bumps?

the last few times ive been to elk tunk and a section of cherokee (? skiers left afew runs over fro tunk ?)were bumps

Edited by mbike-ski

It was like the first or second year i had my pass at JFBB, they let Floyds bump up.  I suck at bumps, but theres always room to improve.  that was fun, and lets face it, thats the best use of Floyds since its so damn short.  But now sadly most of East Mountain is owned by the ski team.  

Cafeteria upstairs. Slopeside burgers are big and juicy. Also expensive compared to other places, but still big and juicy.

Wow last year when you put down blues burgers you were talking about the cafeteria??? I remember you talked about Slopeside and based on the pricing and what you had I believe it was Slopeside. I'll find your post. You said they weren't thick enough to be cooked to order.

• Like 1

Wow last year when you put down blues burgers you were talking about the cafeteria??? I remember you talked about Slopeside and based on the pricing and what you had I believe it was Slopeside. I'll find your post. You said they weren't thick enough to be cooked to order.

This brings up a great point: at what time in a stoner's life do they face the reality that they can no longer rely on their recollection abilities? Discuss.

This brings up a great point: at what time in a stoner's life do they face the reality that they can no longer rely on their recollection abilities? Discuss.

I believe you mentioned the service and burger being subpar and overpriced in the Slopeside grill last year you mentioned that burger was too thin to cook to order. I also remember you discussing cafeteria burger from upper lodge as being really bad but that was from the previous season. Anyway I've smoked about ten pounds of pot in my lyfe and my memory is fantastic.

• Like 1