TR 11/29/15

VTmark

Yesterday, aside from the drizzle, was a perfect spring park day. Too bad it's November and the snow isn't supposed to be slushy yet. Rail setup was a lot more fun than freedom has been for opening the past few years, but it started to get weird and janky by around 3 when all the professional film crews came out to get the shot for the boys. I may or may not have shifty tapped a light stand.

Yesterday, aside from the drizzle, was a perfect spring park day. Too bad it's November and the snow isn't supposed to be slushy yet. Rail setup was a lot more fun than freedom has been for opening the past few years, but it started to get weird and janky by around 3 when all the professional film crews came out to get the shot for the boys. I may or may not have shifty tapped a light stand.

That should be the first and last time you get that close to a light stand especially one of mine. Yes I take a risk having it out on hill but an accident and purposely going for it is a whole different story. As for "professional film crews" I shoot for the resort as part of my job. 

That should be the first and last time you get that close to a light stand especially one of mine. Yes I take a risk having it out on hill but an accident and purposely going for it is a whole different story. As for "professional film crews" I shoot for the resort as part of my job.

Justo is nifty with his shifty!!!!!

1. Had a damn fun time yesterday. Somehow stayed for 4 hours

2. The new turnpike interchange saves a shitload of time. Unfortunately there are no food options and ended up going out of our way to wawa twice

3. Going to bb without split rock toll road is depressing

4. Will they even be able to open this weekend?

5. When it comes to their parking lot, bb gives zero fucks about potholes, ditches, ravines, etc

Don't forget the disrespect we experienced when someone was taping and there was a line of people 3-4 deep from edge to edge. I had to stop and then i just forced my way through. Deff ran into a dude doing about 8mph intentionally because of the disrespect.

I wasn't out to intentionally destroy equipment, hope you didn't take it that way. I'm not a high schooler funded by mom and dad, I fully appreciate how much money people invest in their setups and I'm not out trying to ruin someone's day by destroying their gear. Also, the media coming out of Boulder this year has been top notch, so if that's all you, props.

Back on topic(?), the park crew did an awesome job keeping things as nice as possible, given the soft conditions and early season traffic. Hopefully the forecast trends a little colder so more snow can be made to start expanding terrain.

2. The new turnpike interchange saves a shitload of time. Unfortunately there are no food options and ended up going out of our way to wawa twice

Depending on your requirements for food, there are some options, but no McD's or Wendys.  Coming from BB towards the turnpike, the first shopping center on the left, in there is a market called Hazle Park.  I am pretty sure they make hoagies, and they actually have a pretty tasty hot bar.  Past that again on the left is a strip mall,  Valerios pizza, and Sportsman Deli.  Up past that on the right is Subway, Chinese food, and another pizza place.  i do not reccommend the pizza place there.  it changed hands a while back and they fucked it up so bad it might actually be closed now.  

• Like 1

The average SUV will scrape front and back ends in most spots. There was a car lowered to less than an inch from the ground. I would have loved to watch that thing navigate out of there.

Wow that's insane...and I thought blues lower lot which had areas that were sinking clay...shit was spicy but not as crazy anymore.

The average SUV will scrape front and back ends in most spots. There was a car lowered to less than an inch from the ground. I would have loved to watch that thing navigate out of there.

I saw that one. No idea how that thing got to the parking spot it was in, although the front lip was bolted to the front left fender, so maybe they've had some run-ins with water bars in the past?