Sunday 1/17 report...busier..mad sweet and low.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from another session at Blue mountain the true mountain. What a ying yang weekend it's been..while yesterday had some of the best conditions of the season today had some of the worst. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:26am and the temperature was around freezing and the guns were turned off. In the house were Atomic Jeff, Toast, Justo, GSSSucks, Doug, Rose, T Maki, The real Kevin Thomas, JFBBDan, VTMark, Johnny Law, Ty, TP4, Ryan and probably more people I forgot. We're a lot of people out and actually got second civilian six pack wow I'm

Slacking woo.

First run was razors. Snow was firm a few cookies a few whoop dees but not bad and any early morning razors run is a gift. Next run was paradise was already sugary. Main Street not that good already pretty beat up lazy mile had some good sections early but again turned sugary without the hot or sticky sweet. Falls had some nice show. Patrollers and race team were out in full force. Asian invasion was out, lots of New York people in their Lexus jeeps and their Benz jeeps and Porsche 911s and Mercedes vans and all that. Lifelines weren't silly when I skied but I only skied an hour and a half and at some point during the two hours I was in the lot I saw the six pack not running with people and only the quad going. Also Burma was good hitting the corners tight was MSY mad sheezy yo. Had a few dirt wolfs and enjoyed the relatively mild weather with no winds.

Although not the good conditions of yesterday was nice to be out and a few of the early runs were pretty good. With near holiday crowds and several major runs closed congestion is an issue and the snow never really set up after the rain and warmth maybe the bumps will get good this afternoon. I should be up next maybe Tuesday evening.

Had to be the absolute worst grooming job that I've ever witnessed in all the years skiing at Little Gap/Blue.

Appeared as though they put some effort into Razor's (obviously), then just put a modicum of effort around the rest of the mountain.

To top it off, on the most crowded day of the season so far, have the 6-pack go down forcing everyone over to the quad, then having it go down a few times too!

Yesterday was definitely not at top 10 day at Blue.

We'll see what tomorrow holds.

Edited by indiggio

Had to be the absolute worst grooming job that I've ever witnessed in all the years skiing at Little Gap/Blue.

Appeared as though they put some effort into Razor's (obviously), then just put a modicum of effort around the rest of the mountain.

To top it off, on the most crowded day of the season so far, have the 6-pack go down forcing everyone over to the quad, then having it go down a few times too!

Yesterday was definitely not at top 10 day at Blue.

We'll see what tomorrow holds.

Did you still stay all day?? I don't think it was bad grooming at Blue it's just that the snow got wet then it never really set up fully which but didn't get springlike either which led to sugar city. Plus lots of traffic on limited terrain.

Did you still stay all day?? I don't think it was bad grooming at Blue it's just that the snow got wet then it never really set up fully which but didn't get springlike either which led to sugar city. Plus lots of traffic on limited terrain.

No didn't stay all day. Decided to bold when 6 went down and quad was having issues.

I know you have a far better memory than I, but in my opinion they didn't seem to put much effort into the grooming.

No didn't stay all day. Decided to bold when 6 went down and quad was having issues.

I know you have a far better memory than I, but in my opinion they didn't seem to put much effort into the grooming.

They put the same effort into grooming as normal too fast not enough passes. But I really believe it was normal grooming for them and just a lot more traffic there's only one top to bottom blue open. Lazy mile and when you ski it connecting to and down falls are a lot of people who usually would be on lower sidewinder skier cross. The first left hand turn onto paradise is narrower. Both me and VTMark took it a little wide blind and were pretty close to the edge where you'd still have several more feet of snow. Main Street gonna be crop conditions usually cause of all the traffic on lower and now with the bumps the top is narrower so gets chewed up faster. I'll take icy conditions with dull edges over deep sugar and people everywhere.

Was nice getting a run on razors first thing Saturday and Sunday that's bonus to me. One of these weekends the forces will alrign and it will be all fresh pow...maybe Friday/Saturday.

• Like 1