Blue Mountain - Customer Service Story

RidgeRacer

They prob won't have everything open. They can also do some creative grooming or have runs open with thin cover signs. I've done spring skiing before where walking was required. Depending on the next few days melting and crowds blue could very well throw in the towel early. Everything is tentative although they have events planned for next weekend. How's the base holding up on razors and sidewinder?

Razor and challenge look good from the lift, I didn't ski them. Looks like the groomed out the bumps on Challenge and a portion of them (if not all) on Barneys as well. I didn't ski switchback either but didn't see anything that was an issue from the top of the slope or the bottom part into Main st. Main at looks good, skied Come Around to Chute to Lower and all had decent cover.

They won't be giving any lessons on the valley school hill, that's for sure. And yeah, Lazy was skiable, you could get around it but the patches were at least half the width of the trail, and together with the thin cover between them probably several hundred feet long. Lots of beginners on Lazy that need the trail width.

Falls had good cover, sidewinder looks good from the lift. Skipped Paradise and NM/DW. Packing it in after only a few runs. Don't know if it's my skill level or equipment (probably mostly skill) but these conditions just kill me. Tire out the legs too quickly, and I think my skis are too short/skinny – and I'm too damn fat – for this soft slushy snow.

Razor and challenge look good from the lift, I didn't ski them. Looks like the groomed out the bumps on Challenge and a portion of them (if not all) on Barneys as well. I didn't ski switchback either but didn't see anything that was an issue from the top of the slope or the bottom part into Main st. Main at looks good, skied Come Around to Chute to Lower and all had decent cover.

They won't be giving any lessons on the valley school hill, that's for sure. And yeah, Lazy was skiable, you could get around it but the patches were at least half the width of the trail, and together with the thin cover between them probably several hundred feet long. Lots of beginners on Lazy that need the trail width.

Falls had good cover, sidewinder looks good from the lift. Skipped Paradise and NM/DW. Packing it in after only a few runs. Don't know if it's my skill level or equipment (probably mostly skill) but these conditions just kill me. Tire out the legs too quickly, and I think my skis are too short/skinny – and I'm too damn fat – for this soft slushy snow.

What kind of skis are you on?? What length?? Yeah spring snow can be a leg burner and glad I'm not the only fat guy on here.

What kind of skis are you on?? What length?? Yeah spring snow can be a leg burner and glad I'm not the only fat guy on here.

They're an entry level package I got from Level 9 so I wouldn't have to rent all season. INOC X-carver, maker is apparently GPO. They are 160 length, 111-72-104. And I'm a real fat ass, 5'10" and 275.

I'm hoping to get one more season on them before looking for something else

They're an entry level package I got from Level 9 so I wouldn't have to rent all season. INOC X-carver, maker is apparently GPO. They are 160 length, 111-72-104. And I'm a real fat ass, 5'10" and 275.

I'm hoping to get one more season on them before looking for something else

In my humble opinion id pick up a pair of stiffer midfat carvers of around 175cm in length over the summer. You can get good deals online. I would say longer based on your height and weight but you are still learning so 175 should be just right. You need a more stable platform as you progress...you wanna do a weight loss challenge with me this summer???