Colorado Trip 4/5-4/7...

Hey All,

I'm heading to Colorado on Tuesday for my third April trip out there in a row. Flying direct on a noob flight Newark to Denver on Southwest Airlines for around $300. Renting a midsize SUV from Alamo for $370. Last year I stayed at the Silver Inn in Silverthorne for $80 a night. I called them today and they said the best they could do was $95 a night which is about $100 more than last year. After an online search I found Hot Wire and found 3 star places for $67 a night. The catch is that they choose the hotel and you don't know which one you get until after you pay for room and room. I got the La Quinta Inn which is located about a mile from where I stayed last year and near everything and even with Hot wires fees saving like $150 over the silver inn.

As for skiing Barb sent me some buddy passes for copper which brings tickets down to $79 per day. Also wanna hit up ABasin for two days and Loveland at least a day. Colorado resorts were blessed with 5-6 feet of snow during March and coverage is excellent with 70-80" base depths and 100% of terrain open. Looks like a few inches of snow possible Tuesday and temperatures in the mad goldilocks range. Below freezing at night and sunny and 40s and 50s most days. Looking forward to skiing some more..ski season here in PA ended so fast. Also will be nice to get away from work. Shits been really hectic lately seems like people keep dying.

Stay tuned to this thread for real time reports, photos and any fuckery I encounter.

Edit should read 4/5-4/12...can a mod edit title..thanks.

• Like 2

Hey All,

I'm heading to Colorado on Tuesday for my third April trip out there in a row. Flying direct on a noob flight Newark to Denver on Southwest Airlines for around $300. Renting a midsize SUV from Alamo for $370. Last year I stayed at the Silver Inn in Silverthorne for $80 a night. I called them today and they said the best they could do was $95 a night which is about $100 more than last year. After an online search I found Hot Wire and found 3 star places for $67 a night. The catch is that they choose the hotel and you don't know which one you get until after you pay for room and room. I got the La Quinta Inn which is located about a mile from where I stayed last year and near everything and even with Hot wires fees saving like $150 over the silver inn.

As for skiing Barb sent me some buddy passes for copper which brings tickets down to $79 per day. Also wanna hit up ABasin for two days and Loveland at least a day. Colorado resorts were blessed with 5-6 feet of snow during March and coverage is excellent with 70-80" base depths and 100% of terrain open. Looks like a few inches of snow possible Tuesday and temperatures in the mad goldilocks range. Below freezing at night and sunny and 40s and 50s most days. Looking forward to skiing some more..ski season here in PA ended so fast. Also will be nice to get away from work. Shits been really hectic lately seems like people keep dying.

Stay tuned to this thread for real time reports, photos and any fuckery I encounter.

Edit should read 4/5-4/12...can a mod edit title..thanks.

Jealous! Have a great trip!

^usually hike alone but today I had a friend join me. I say try it alone if your husband won't go. Drink lots of water and bring plenty of snacks, salty and protein.

Edited by Barb

I'm getting excited. Leaving in about 36 hours. Looking like a snowfall of somewhere in the 3-8" range is expected in the Colorado high country Monday night through Tuesday night...

Reading reviews of the la Quinta inn where I'm staying is funny. Complaints like needed a new key card and the free breakfast not worth the money...I ain't trippin there's an einsteins bagel a half mile away near the loaf and jug and smashburger and noodle place...I don't know if they have a bar named shennanagins but if there is I'll be there.