Ski options for day trips on Thanksgiving Weekend

Ski2Live Live2Ski

Looks like Hunter lost one trail, Belleayre lost the beginner pod.

Family was ambivalent on Sunday.  Looks like we're sitting this weekend out.

Looks like colder overnight temps in the Catskills start tonight and carry through the week.  Next weekend should be better up there.  Pokes have several cold nights....maybe CB gets something open by next weekend as well.

That's good news. So glad that you pay PPL on their behalf each month and can relay that information to you us. And here I was thinking Ride Delaware was the only one with "inside sources".

Huh?? Every year they blow snow and it melts away. Will probably happen a few more times this season. Does it really upset you.

I don't see snowmaking temps for the poconos until next weekend so I imagine middle of the following week places will start to open if things don't trend warmer.

couple of cold nights there....

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USPA0225:1:US

probably not enough though.

Blue lost everything. So much $ wasted unfortunately

Their cams are down....couldn't stand to broadcast mud I suppose.

Dang....

Well, Tim Kelley claiming the pendulum is swinging and cold is settling in for a while, at least for NE.

Huh?? Every year they blow snow and it melts away. Will probably happen a few more times this season. Does it really upset you.

I was kidding with you but of course it bothers me. As a pass holder you hate to see your mountain lose money. Secondly I haven't skied since January (last Sunday on tannenbaum counts somewhat I guess). I'm getting antsy as hell.
  • Like 3

I was kidding with you but of course it bothers me. As a pass holder you hate to see your mountain lose money. Secondly I haven't skied since January (last Sunday on tannenbaum counts somewhat I guess). I'm getting antsy as hell.

SHIT. I completely forgot about your lack of skiing last year. Welcome back.

• Like 1

Windham has one TTB run open.

Hunter is basically one TTB but with a second option for the top part, but I would not be surprised if they add one of two more top options by Sunday.

Belleayre has one run but with only about half the vertical and a slower lift.

Leaning toward Hunter Sunday.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Blue had to make snow.  I think its kind of a damned if you do, and damned if you dont type of thing.  Boulder was making snow, its kind of good for PR, and the money it probably cost them was less then the aggravation they would have got from social media with "its cold enough, why arent you making snow" comments.  Imagine the crap they would have got if they didnt make snow, and it stayed cold?  

Take this weekend to wax up your skis, board, or backhoe, service your ski-mobile, put up your Christmas or Hanukkah lights, and watch a healthy dose of skiing videos on youtube.  Big time snowmaking in the Poconos starts next week.  Stuff in the "skilz" and "daks" will be way better next weekend.  

And where the hell is Sara Snow?  Right about now, i could use one of her little temper tantrums were she goes off on Montage.  

• Like 2

Hahahahaha I forgot about Sara Snow she was a real peach. I'm just happy there's cold temperatures in the long range forecast. There's a light at the end of the tunnel. I don't have the motivation to drive 3+ hours to get essentially what I'll be getting in 2 weeks...maybe I'll add in an extra spring skiing trip to make up for this slowish start.

I basically ski weekends, there are not that many in the Winter, and the extra vertical in the Skillz warrants the drive. It's not like the Pokes are that much closer. And the extra two hours I spend driving I would spend cursing lift lines on a weekend at Blue.

From time to time I will. I did so to go to VT last December and will be doing so again this December and might hit CO this year too. I did a lot more ski travel before I was a parent, going 2x to Utah, 4x to CO, once to NM, once to Tahoe. Now I try to spend my vaca time mostly on activities with my kids and they are not yet good enough skiers to warrant taking them out west.

Sure I will use an occasional vaca day to ski locally too but doubt I have ever hit 25 ski days in a year. Sorry if it conflicts with my screen name. I will do better if I ever get to retire.

From time to time I will. I did so to go to VT last December and will be doing so again this December and might hit CO this year too. I did a lot more ski travel before I was a parent, going 2x to Utah, 4x to CO, once to NM, once to Tahoe. Now I try to spend my vaca time mostly on activities with my kids and they are not yet good enough skiers to warrant taking them out west.

Sure I will use an occasional vaca day to ski locally too but doubt I have ever hit 25 ski days in a year. Sorry if it conflicts with my screen name. I will do better if I ever get to retire.

For living in New Jersey and having two little kids you're doing alright. I always feel like I'm slacking ever since I skied 119 days in 2006-07. There's not a day I can't ski at blue mountain but somedays I just don't feel like it. I only took off work 3 days since April but will take a lot off this season.

Hunter actually is up to 3 of their 4 main black runs off the top now, though with all still funneling down to one lower mountain route to the base. And there are prospects of the 4th opening later this weekend. They have Hellgate, Cliff and JHuega open and will be working on MK overnight. All with 1470' vertical served by high speed 6 pack.

These guys really are, along with Killington, the snowmaking champs of the US.

Nice work creating such a viable early season option even with a couple days of rain this week.

No doubt but Pass doesn't make a lot of sense for my schedule and location that only let's me Ski weekends and vacation days. Especially with the alternative of 4 Pocono Ski days on each $55 Pocono Ski and Ride Card. Would have to ski a lot of days on a pass to come close to $14/day.

I am in black from skis to helmet with a little neon green by the ski tips.