Looking at Windham or Hunter Thoughts

Mess

I haven't been up to hunter, windham and belleayre in several years. Are the Catskills still a super depressed area? The last time I was up there a lot of the former motels and restaurants were shut down...I feel like the Catskills were much more popular in the 90s. I know back then hunter used to do 500k skier visits per year amoung the leaders in the east and I don't think they do that much anymore.

Still pretty bad. There is a Blue regular who used to work mountain ops for hunter (blowin snow) way back in the day. During the 1980 oly at WF they had to bring in the hunter ops team to help them out actually and he was part of that crew. Anyhoo, he has stories where bus loads of ladies from NYC would come up every Friday night, pick some random guy to hook up with and crash at his place for the weekend. Crazy crazy scene as he describes it

I haven't been up to hunter, windham and belleayre in several years. Are the Catskills still a super depressed area? The last time I was up there a lot of the former motels and restaurants were shut down...I feel like the Catskills were much more popular in the 90s. I know back then hunter used to do 500k skier visits per year amoung the leaders in the east and I don't think they do that much anymore.

You know, that town Tannersville outside of Hunter looks pretty nice.  Roxbury isn't bad.  But otherwise, the catskills are pretty depressed.

I really think for what the OP is looking for, southern VT is a much better weekend.  Cruising greens and blues, then a nice slope side village or town to hang out after....seems more enjoyable to me.

the past several times we have done the skillz we'd hit up windham on sunday, then ski hunter on Monday. it was kinda crowded in the AM at windham, but we had the place to ourselves after 12 noon b/c ppl were headed home by then. hunter usually had no crowds on Mondays.

Still pretty bad. There is a Blue regular who used to work mountain ops for hunter (blowin snow) way back in the day. During the 1980 oly at WF they had to bring in the hunter ops team to help them out actually and he was part of that crew. Anyhoo, he has stories where bus loads of ladies from NYC would come up every Friday night, pick some random guy to hook up with and crash at his place for the weekend. Crazy crazy scene as he describes it

Wow just wow...as a closet feminist I don't approve of this one bit.

The Belleayre area is still pretty depressed. I think they are banking on the new development and reopening/connection of Highmount to turn it around. Hunter and Windham proper are decent, but I wouldn't stray too far from the resort. Windham has been trying to make it more of a stay and play place the past couple years. Tannersville/Hunter has some ok options. I've never been to Roxybury, but the access road to Plattekill looks like a cemetery for abandoned mobile homes.

Edited by Ride Delaware ?