12/17/16...2" fresh..lazy mile.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I left Allentown at 630am and it was a snow and sleet mixture which quickly changed to all sleet as I headed north. I had a sausage with egg mcmuffin and hash from and apple juice at McDonalds then drove the rest of the way averaging like 30-35mph. Not a bad drive. Atomic Jeff and JLaw were in the lot to start and it was about 20 degrees out.

First run was sweet with about 2" of new snow. Unfortunately my pass didn't scan and they took my name and it worked later in the session. First three top to bottoms on Main Street were great with swaths of untracked on the upper session. I sampled lazy 1.6 kilometers and it wasn't bad for opening day. Not as soft as Main Street but pretty smooth. Matt edge joined us for some runs and we also saw MBike Mike, Indiggio, slim, Tarponhead, the race team, Keith and many others. Everybody was having fun despite sleet falling and conditions were pretty good. I even found some pow pow stashes on come around later in the morning.

Snowmaking continued on chute, Widowmaker, falls, homestretch and I believe paradise. I spent as long in the lot as skiing and saw the Dude4Bides and Root and had some beers with others including some dirt wolf and Flying fish. Drive home roads are decent and just above freezing in the valley. I plan on skiing tomorrow morning could be wet but conditions should be decent.

What a nice start to the season.

• Like 1