1/4 Blue Mountain

theprogram4

Woke up at 5:30, realized mountain opens at 8:30, went back to sleep til 6:00.  left house at 6:40 and pulled into blue's lot at 8:00 after a stop at wawa for coffee and french toast sausage egg and cheese sandwhich.  got first chair with mark and went to main street before it went to shit.  1st run down main street was incredible, second or first best run of the season after first run down challenge on sunday.  challenge was incredibly awful, more so than usual, rode it once and never again.  paradise and lazy were pretty nice as well.  it was dreary til 10:00 which kept crowds down.  met up with toast for a few runs, he also agreed that conditions were beautiful.  by 11:00 lines were starting to form at the 6 pack and trails were getting bumped up real fast.  overall one of the best days of the season due to the great conditions the first 2 hours.  stopped at buckmans on the way home to get wax, a new scraper, and an edge sharpener.  hit up cici's pizza in whitehall which is probably me and marks new spot to go to after blue.  pizza buffet for $6.50.  got home, took a nap, then waxed my board.  this is the first season ive been getting first chair on wednesdays and im enjoying it

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 1

Just got done skiing. Challenge was definitely run of the day until now, as it is pretty scraped off. Paradise was good, too. Starting to get sugar piles everywhere. People poaching Razors and Sidewinder. Got on the hill around 930, so I'm pretty happy. It's actually getting a little crowded. Oh, and they mowed all Barneys Bumps down.

• Like 1

Just got done skiing. Challenge was definitely run of the day until now, as it is pretty scraped off. Paradise was good, too. Starting to get sugar piles everywhere. People poaching Razors and Sidewinder. Got on the hill around 930, so I'm pretty happy. It's actually getting a little crowded. Oh, and they mowed all Barneys Bumps down.

Nice report but why is this in yesterday's thread...gosh guys and girls

I went to Cici's in Whitehall when it first opened. My first and last time there. I think it was right before everything fell apart in 2008 if memory serves me correct. The further south you go on MacArthur Road, the more ghetto it is. It's really bad by Home Depot and White Castle.

I am too lazy to start another thread. My trip reports are not as entertaining as some other people's are.

I'm just goofing and if you started a new thread then my evening edition report tonight would probably end up getting merged into your thread which is lame.

It better be......even an inch would really help

An inch?? Not gonna start snowing until late. Props for you to have the enthusiasm to go out skiing on prob the worst night of the season with warm temperatures and soft snow turning to a brick right after your trip to Utah. Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I went to Cici's in Whitehall when it first opened. My first and last time there. I think it was right before everything fell apart in 2008 if memory serves me correct. The further south you go on MacArthur Road, the more ghetto it is. It's really bad by Home Depot and White Castle.

Somebody recently said I was racist for calling people ghetto fabulous. That's not racist. A ghetto is a geographical area and white black brown and yellow people can all be ghetto.

Practice makes perfect!

At least she starts sentences with capital letters. That's better than half the people here.

Historically the term ghetto referred to places that Jewish people were required to live during the Third Reich. TBD what will happen under the 4th. Hopefully if there are new ghettos they will include skiing facilities.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Historically the term ghetto referred to places that Jewish people were required to live during the Third Reich. TBD what will happen under the 4th. Hopefully if there are new ghettos they will include skiing facilities.

Modern day term for ghetto more refers to people like the people you see on Maury or Jerry Springer.

And the term ghetto dates back to 1516 where the Jews lived in Venice Italy.

• Like 1