1/12/17 real time thread...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

Just leaving the A now and should be on the snow around 11. It's 50 degrees and cloudy with a few random sprinkles. I'm looking forward to skiing razors and any other new terrain that has opened. The snowmakers blog said everything but sidewinder would be open by tomorrow morning so here's to hoping Switchback and Nightmare to Dreamweaver are open. I'll try to post some pictures. This will be my first real time thread of the season as I typically keep my phone in my car when skiing. Enjoy the updates!!!!

• Like 3

Switchback was great buttery soft and pretty smooth. Nightmare to Dreamweaver not so good with little rollers and whoop de doos and more hardpack. Am on top of the chute now and then gonna do razors to razorback. Still some sprinkles in the air. The flats like tuts lane and home stretch are getting more wet and heavy..nice that lower park is open except the only 6 honks here were blocking the entrance.

Titty deep on Widowmaker. post-512-0-09373400-1484239429_thumb.jpeg

Le Chute post-512-0-26226100-1484239454_thumb.jpeg

Yeah, I expected conditions to be more spring like. That's ok I'm not complaining. Switchback is open and it's beautiful

Haha that's what I just wrote lol.

• Like 1

Chute was pretty firm but I had to Hollywood and lay down railroad tracks for the 2 people on the Main Street chair..choo choo. I the. Skied Switchback again and still nice but a little more chop then an hour earlier. Then skied Razors which is just nice to be able to ski...hanging out on razorback right now typing this.

Ice ice baby.post-512-0-36922400-1484240806_thumb.jpeg

Razorback. post-512-0-86499700-1484240870_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Razorback was pretty firm and smooth not worth a revisit. At the bottom Ice Ice Baby was playing and I was laughing real hard as I had just written ice ice baby in my report. I then skied Switchback a third time and it was glorious. I don't think I'm gonna ski Main Street anymore this season not when switchback is good at least. I passed about 8 herbs on the run. Now back at the tip of switchback again ready for a fourth run on it. A little bit of fog on tuts lane but the rain has stopped. It's also pretty windy at the peak. I was nervous I'd be over dressed today cause I have upper body under armor on under my purple polo shirt but I'm fine. Nice not having a fleece layer.

Standing on the side of connector again gonna ski Switchback a fifth time. Some lady on connector repeating oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. More 90s hits keep blasting at the base including Pump Up the Jam, Let Her Cry by Hootie and the Blowfish and Mr. Boombastic.

First time skiing alone in awhile and starting to get a bit boring. I have no interest in paradise or lazy so gonna keep lapping Switchback until I get my Fill like Mickelson. Stomach growling a bit and tempted to go to slopeside but gonna hold out for some of Sheetz famous cheesy nachos on the way home.

Here's a snowman I saw on the side of Switchback.post-512-0-42007400-1484242991_thumb.jpeg

Gonna be deep at Blue on Sunday.

Bahahahaha more like icy death lol then sugar. Maybe an inch of fresh this weekend.

Standing on the side of connector again gonna ski Switchback a fifth time. Some lady on connector repeating oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh. More 90s hits keep blasting at the base including Pump Up the Jam, Let Her Cry by Hootie and the Blowfish and Mr. Boombastic.

First time skiing alone in awhile and starting to get a bit boring. I have no interest in paradise or lazy so gonna keep lapping Switchback until I get my Fill like Mickelson. Stomach growling a bit and tempted to go to slopeside but gonna hold out for some of Sheetz famous cheesy nachos on the way home.

Here's a snowman I saw on the side of Switchback.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Bahahahaha more like icy death lol then sugar. Maybe an inch of fresh this weekend.

Use your influence up there to tell them to blow the crap outta DWNM, Challenge and Switchback.

The ice spot is below the chute. Didn't ski the bumps as everytime I was over there I did Switchback except for one run on lower Widowmaker and the chute. I'm sure the bumps are huge cause a lot of the bumpers are out and likely glacial ice in the troughs.

Use your influence up there to tell them to blow the crap outta DWNM, Challenge and Switchback.

Nightmare to Dreamweaver and switchback just opened so doubt they will blow on those this weekend. I think they'll blow on challenge, Main Street and lazy this weekend.

I'm surprised. Conditions were amazingly good today. Good day.

Rain and warmth usually makes for nice conditions. Lack of people is also a major plus!!! MomSkeez I semi looked for you but forgot what you look like and don't remember what color you wear.

The only time I met you was the closing weekend party and my blood alcohol was like .20

Very few people on the hill today. Barneys was ROTD, the bumps were good, soft with minimal ice between. Happy switchback is open. Everything I skied today was ok, the warmth softened just enough of the top layer to make it decent. The ice patch at the bottom of the chute looks to be 20+ feet in diameter. I saw GSS several times, we were a half lap apart.

• Like 1