New "No Outside Food" in the lodges policy

enjoralas

The more I think about this, the more I disagree with it.

Some one mentioned the capacity of the cafeteria - that's a great point. On a crowded weekend day, to force the clientele to waste time in line to eat food they might not enjoy rubs me the wrong way.  and the lines are just going to get longer and longer.....

again, I'm not coming to blue to eat.  And to dictate the experience to everyone...."If you are coming to ski blue mountain, you must eat our food as well" is just bogus.

If it's the race moms....easy fix - race rooms in the lodge.  Maybe do a heated tent - I'm sure the racers contribute enough tot eh bottom line to justify something like that....

I really think this is a shame - making skiing more and more expensive, more and more of a hassle.

Blue needs a better cafeteria at the top lodge. It's very inefficient. Most ski areas have different stations to get different food and no real waiting. Enjorales mentioned people with receipts waiting for items to come up. That's a big reason that I don't get food there. I've gone to get lunch on an uncrowded weekday in the top and was packed cause all the employees get free or cheap meals.

Skiing is not a hassle just eat on the way up...on the way home or pack some

Pocket snacks for the lift or snacks for your car.

Do movie theaters allow people to bring in outside food? Do roller rinks? Bowling alleys? Most amusement parks?? I'd like to check out the Lehigh valley Grand Prix do you think they mind if I bring a peanut butter and pickle sang and some Pringles and a mello yellow and park my ass at a table.

This really is a socioeconomic issue?!?!?!?

• Like 1

Blue needs a better cafeteria at the top lodge. It's very inefficient. Most ski areas have different stations to get different food and no real waiting. Enjorales mentioned people with receipts waiting for items to come up. That's a big reason that I don't get food there. I've gone to get lunch on an uncrowded weekday in the top and was packed cause all the employees get free or cheap meals.

Skiing is not a hassle just eat on the way up...on the way home or pack some

Pocket snacks for the lift or snacks for your car.

Do movie theaters allow people to bring in outside food? Do roller rinks? Bowling alleys? Most amusement parks?? I'd like to check out the Lehigh valley Grand Prix do you think they mind if I bring a peanut butter and pickle sang and some Pringles and a mello yellow and park my ass at a table.

This really is a socioeconomic issue?!?!?!?

There are significant differences between a $12.00 movie ticket and a $70 lift ticket.  There is also a significant difference between taking the family to a two hour movie and taking the family - with kids - skiing for 6 hours.  No one has to eat lunch at a two hour movie, but if you have kids, you sure as hell HAVE to feed those things every 2 hours or so.....

And again, the lodge is there so I can ski.  I'm coming to the mountain to ski.  Not to eat their chicken fingers.  Add the fact that their cafeteria can't handle the crowds anyway, and it's just an idiotic policy.  They are literally making it a less enjoyable day for their clients in the hopes of selling more french fries.  

I'm sure it will work out for them, but I'm equally sure this will make families think twice about blue.  And that may be their goal - turn it more into a camel back young adult hang out spot.

I love the upper lodge patio and bar, etc...and can easily see them really promoting that image and vibe.  It's just a real turn off to families I would think.

There also is a real issue with food choices - families with kids with allergies and other food restrictions....

There are some funny bitch sessions on their Facebook page....

• Like 2

I personally hate the lodge. When we started our kids I would just be done for the day rather than go in take off all their stuff and fight for a place to sit. I applaud blue for making seating available. As someone else mentioned give the ski team their own tent.

Yeah plus the ski team kids get 10% off food. Those racer kids always had a sense of entitlement.

And if you are a skier and want to have kids who are also skiers you either have to make good money or be like Ski2Live and hunt for coupons and deals. I don't envy you parents. Seems expensive and a lot of work. If I had kids I probably wouldnt be able to retire till I'm 60.

Blue will never turn into a young adult hangout spot. It's mostly older folks who are there midweek..the baby boomers who aren't yet retired like nastar Glenn and Slim and company are there weekend mornings. Not many young adults at blue and reason being is because most young adults are broke as shit and swamped with college loans so aren't skiing or vacationing much.

OK, perhaps I found it. Looks like it was posted on the FAQ page of the website.

As a courtesy to paying cafe and bar guests, no outside food & beverages are allowed in the lodges during weekends & holidays.

It is also Blue Mountain Resort's policy not to permit outside appliances, ie crockpots due to potential fire hazards and trips due to cords.   

Blue Mountain does however, provide outside picnic areas for guests to enjoy brown bag lunches or tailgating is permitted in the parking lots.

Thank you for your help in enforcing the above policy.

• Like 4

As per a comment on their FB about an hour ago, someone said they read their "revised" food policy and thanked blue. However, I have been unable to find this revised policy on their page.

i seent that 3.  the only thing i can guess is on their FAQ, it says no outside food on weekends and holidays.  weekdays seems to be ok

• Like 1

As per a comment on their FB about an hour ago, someone said they read their "revised" food policy and thanked blue. However, I have been unable to find this revised policy on their page.

Interesting you should ask on their Facebook. I'm sure one of the blue representatives will get back to you in a day or two.

Blue will never turn into a young adult hangout spot. It's mostly older folks who are there midweek..the baby boomers who aren't yet retired like nastar Glenn and Slim and company are there weekend mornings. Not many young adults at blue and reason being is because most young adults are broke as shit and swamped with college loans so aren't skiing or vacationing much.

#AlternativeFacts

i seent that 3.  the only thing i can guess is on their FAQ, it says no outside food on weekends and holidays.  weekdays seems to be ok

Yeah, saw you posted this as I posted that from the FAQ page.

Interesting you should ask on their Facebook. I'm sure one of the blue representatives will get back to you in a day or two.

I didn't ask them. Someone else had posted it on their page. Doesn't affect me in any way considering I don't even go there any more.

It's funny I don't care either way...but I love the drama on here and on Facebook.

I agree and it doesn't affect me in any way.

Not good cause on weekends and holidays that's when TNT is at Blue and his vegetarian daughter doesn't like their fries.

"Tailgating is permitted in the parking lots"

Boom maybe we can grill this weekend. Atomic Jeff can bring the buns lol

The thread about "no outside food" has gone on for 5 pages.  Lol.  

if it pisses people off, and keeps people from showing up on the weekends......less crowded slopes for me.  Its all about me.  me me me me me.  

Maybe if people didnt show up with crockpots, it wouldnt have spoiled it for the brown baggers.  Maybe the brown baggers should complain to the crockpotters.  

• Like 6

Maybe if people didnt show up with crockpots, it wouldnt have spoiled it for the brown baggers.  Maybe the brown baggers should complain to the crockpotters.  

Sounds like a crock to me.

Seriously, I agree with you. I laughed when this got to 3 pages haha.

• Like 2