3/4-3/5 weekend roll call thread.

If they are full closed after this Sunday, not even weekends, I won't be buying a pass after 2017-2018. I'll still ski there, but won't invest in a season pass knowing they're not invested in making the season as long as they can

Edited by enjoralas

If they are full closed after this Sunday, not even weekends, I won't be buying a pass after 2017-2018. I'll still ski there, but won't invest in a season pass knowing they're not invested in making the season as long as they can

That's silly...every season is different and almost no ski area stays open as long as possible. Most stay open until daily ticket people stop coming and revenue dries out. What other mountain is as good as blue and only 20 minutes from your house? Some years they close mid March some in early April.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3

That's silly...every season is different and almost no ski area stays open as long as possible. Most stay open until daily ticket people stop coming and revenue dries out. What other mountain is as good as blue and only 20 minutes from your house? Some years they close mid March some in early April.

It's not about when they close, it's about why they close. If it's a bad season and you just can't make it, that's one thing. But closing on March 12 with plenty of snow left on the mountain shouldn't really be acceptable to the passholders. It's their  business and they have every right to run it how the see fit, but we have the right to vote with our wallets. I would still ski there plenty, just not as many times for a couple of hours after work. 

I enjoy Camelback as well, maybe I'd take some of that season pass money and buy a second triple ticket for there as well. Couple of trips a year to Montage, yet to visit Elk but will probably enjoy there too. I like Blue, but for me, it's not the best mountain around. It's just the closest. That only counts for so much.

• Like 2

It's more often that blue closes early due to lack of crowds than lack of snow. Anyway you're gonna do what you're gonna do..who knows next season blue might be open until April if March is cold and snowy. Also it hasn't been announced that blue is closing March 12th for good. As of now it's completely rumors.

What ski areas do you like better than blue??

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

It's more often that blue closes early due to lack of crowds than lack of snow. Anyway you're gonna do what you're gonna do..who knows next season blue might be open until April if March is cold and snowy. Also it hasn't been announced that blue is closing March 12th for good. As of now it's completely rumors.

What ski areas do you like better than blue??

I have a better time skiing Camelback. I like the trail variety better and find the conditions and grooming consistently better. I like the atmosphere better at Blue, and it's obviously more convenient. Everyone can see I love to tailgate and that would be a huge loss.

I enjoyed my days at Frost and Montage this year, but acknowledge they're not close to the same class.

I know it's only a rumor, that's why I said *if* they close this Sunday. I wouldn't even have posted the opinion of it hadn't been declared such a strong rumor.

I know closing on March 12 for non-operational reason sure as hell won't help them sell any condo timeshares.

Weird usually they close at 5pm. A sickbird told me that you barely ski anymore but are finally tall enough to ride the rollercoasters at Knoebels.

At least I don't exceed the weight limit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Camelback doesn't allow tailgating. You should get a season pass for a season at camelback and see how you like it. Some years blue is open later than camelback and some seasons it's the reverse. I can't enjoy camelback as much as Blue because the runs are shorter, even more crowded and it's more jersey and New York people. Plus it's double as long of a drive(almost triple the mileage). I haven't been to camelback in like 4 years.

I am hoping Blue stays open past this weekend as I'm not going to Colorado until April 4th and would like to bridge the skiing gap without having to buy lift tickets and drive far.

At least I don't exceed the weight limit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Good one Kyle.post-512-0-97449100-1488831797_thumb.jpeg
  • Like 1

Season pass to Camelback doesn't make any sense for me. If I didn't have a pass for Blue, I wouldn't have one for any mountain. Early bird on the Camelback pass is $599. For that price I can join a ski club and buy like 10 of this pocono Mountain cards that would get me 10 visits each to Camel and Blue, as well as Frost and wherever else gets thrown in. (Assuming they all still participate.)

The only reason I ever bought a Blue pass was the ability to run up after work. Camelback is just a bit to far to consider that regularly.