Monday 3-6-17

zzslope

Bumps on razors began last season after the race team was done with it. Should be firm for this weekends bump comp unless it snows a lot or they blow on it.

what?!?!?!

I skied bumps on challenge last year - an incredibly long string of man made bumps! - which I thought was new to last year...expcept for a long time ago when there was a ton of snow and they had the bumps competition there....

But I didn't see them on Razors. Not sure I was there after the race team was done though.  I think my last day at blue might have been during that big dump - the only one last year - in....Feb?  I forget....

Only big dump last year was late January and there weren't challenge bumps this season but they have been on challenge for parts of the past several years. This season there were also bumps on the lower left side of Dreamweaver.

TNT you remind me of my third favorite Hall and Oates song,"Out of Touch"

And Maneater and Private Eyes are #1 and #2 respectively in case you wondered.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

But that includes two days worth of waterpark for four people right??

Yeah, we're gonna hit the water park both days, me, wife, 3 year old and wife's dad are the official "occupants," one year old doesn't count so five of us.

Yeah, Six Flags is cheap. But none of those 3 1/2 months were March, were they? Supply and demand. And with what I spend on my skiing hobby through the winter, I'm gonna balk at a few hundred to give my wife and kids a nice time?

I get people all the time telling me I'm crazy for taking my kids to Disney when they're "too young to remember it or get anything out of it." But I get moments like this, so I'm good with it:

26df348185a1f3b1de333937ea83e58e.jpg

Anybody ski tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have. Was all set to go and couldn't motivate. Be there Saturday probably around 10

• Like 4

I get people all the time telling me I'm crazy for taking my kids to Disney when they're "too young to remember it or get anything out of it." But I get moments like this, so I'm good with it:

I hear you. My son was 3 years and 2 months when we went last summer and he still talks about it. He thinks all fireworks come from mickey now. He may forget it but honestly the pictures / memories are priceless. My middle on the other hand was 6 and won't stop asking me to take her back. Ironically my oldest still remembers when she first went when she was 4. Think we're going to hold off until star wars land is done (2018 hopefully).

6 flags is open April to December. Waterpark May to Sept.

A year pass costs barely more than 1 day there plus parking, so it is a no brainer if you live 25 miles away and have kids who dig it.

I know when Six Flags is open, and I know how much it costs. I already have passes for next year with the season meal plan. My point is, it ain't open in March. If you want to go to a waterpark in March, you pay a premium. Either by paying for the limited indoor supply, or by travelling to somewhere warm.

Also, I've never been to Kalahari, but I already like it better than Six Flags Great Adventure.

• Like 1

I hear you. My son was 3 years and 2 months when we went last summer and he still talks about it. He thinks all fireworks come from mickey now. He may forget it but honestly the pictures / memories are priceless. My middle on the other hand was 6 and won't stop asking me to take her back. Ironically my oldest still remembers when she first went when she was 4. Think we're going to hold off until star wars land is done (2018 hopefully).

That's a strong move. The Pixar Place expansion should be done by then too. We're missing Avatar Land by less than two weeks. I'm hopeful for a bit of a soft opening, but not it's not likely.

We wouldn't go nearly as often if I hadn't bought into the Disney Vacation Club. We need to slow down a bit here anyway, I would like to rent out my points a few times to try to recoup some of the capital I laid out to buy in. Next trip I'll be stuck for airfare and admission for both kids, so that will slow me down for sure!

We keep alternating annual passes for my wife and I, which of course makes us take a trip about every 11.5 months

Do they still have batman the ride and the great American scream machine??

Batman yes, Scream Machine no. The stand-up coaster Green Lantern is pretty much roughly where it sat, they moved it from Kentucky Kingdom after Six Flags folded up shop down there.

• Like 1

My friend gets the meal plan at dorney park. She sometimes just goes there for a few rollercoaster rides and supper. She even knows what the best bang for the buck is. I believe fried shrimp platter. I haven't been on a rollercoaster since the one at NYNY in Vegas back in 2010 and I'm long overdue. Maybe I'll link up with ILikeIceCream sometime this summer and ride some coasters and maybe play some pinball. Maybe even stop by Enjorales for some air hockey in his man cave.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

They just opened a water park expansion literally today. Doubled the size of the water park. That's what got them the nod over Camelback's hotel/water park. Added 3 new restaurants I think too. Never been, but it looks like a nice place. Expensive as all hell for this area, but with the water park it's not too bad

Those indoor park/hotel places are pricey but, several people I work with have taken their family up and they all loved it, most have gone multiple times.