Colorado 4/9-4/16..

If it takes more than 4 hours to soften, see a doctor.

Still firm at ABasin and pretty busy. Minor lift lines at the Black mountain and Lenawee lift. Staying on the front side groomers until Montazuma bowl softens up. In the woods now had a mini Reese's and mini kit Kat bar I got at the base. Ok time to get safe.post-512-0-39510500-1492273184_thumb.jpegpost-512-0-97483900-1492273207_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Today was a fun last day of the season.

I lounged around this morning and packed up and checked out and didn't get to Abasin until 920am and the lower lot was completely filled up and I parked in the upper lot and there's even a last chance lot further away. I guess being a spring sunny Saturday the day before Easter brought out all the tom dick and Harry's and also the people with new age names like Sierra and Pine Comb lol. The walk from the upper lot to the ticket office wasn't bad as it was all downhill and down about 35 steps and through a tunnel. I signed a petition for climate change and got two fun sized candy bars and up the black mountain express. First run I just skied a groomer on the lower half then took Black mountain to Lenawee and got fresh cord along the snow fences. It's kind of a goofy fall line and nobody ever seems to ski that line so I skied it a bunch today cause it was so good. Other groomers ranged from ok to blue mountain esque.

It was gaper day for many and bros and brahs were skiing around with those outdoor speakers. One guy was playing straight up gangsta rap and while I do like to crip hop in skis it wasn't family friendly gosh he should have played something more wholesome like Taylor Swift. Liftlines were about 5 minutes in the morning on Lenawee and black mountain and almost nothing in singles lines. One guy I rode with drove in from Minnesota for 3 days of skiing 13.5 hour drive but he's with his brother and kid to share the driving. Said its two tanks of gas each way. Another guy I skied with gave up beer for Lent and he said it was tough with all the brewery's. I said I always give up fat women for lent but I'm Jewish dude thought I was funny if only fly shawty boos found me as funny as middle aged men. Made my way to Montezuma and put my hyper skating technique into action and was passing people left and right some either don't get a good kick start or don't add to the momentum it's all physics and I like trains choo choo.

Montezuma bowl still hadn't softened much until the way bottom and the top part which gets a lot of traffic was like skiing at blue mountain scrapped off areas and sugar piles and wind howling. Thankfully the rest of the mountain wasn't like blue and shortly thereafter the lower half of the front side softened and I did a couple more laps on wide open corn fields. Then walked up to my car which was a slog..had a shot of fireball, had a beer, had a smoke and would have had a pancake if they were available. Called the Denver airport Hyatt place from the lot and reserved a night for $99 a shame I can't take advantage of the free breakfast but my flight leaves at 620am. Oh well might hit up pizza uno later on they have a cheddar bacon tomato thin crust pizza pie I like. I took lots of pictures today. I'll post them in a seperate post. Thanks all for reading my report thread...

• Like 2

Fo sheezy. I don't know how you can stay off PASR for a week plus. I think I check it more on ski trips than when I'm home. How's your foot???

hahah when I'm on vacation I check out of life kind of, unless it's boring but I don't go on boring vacations.

It did the job and got through, I did a little damage skiing and I couldn't ski ski but it was good enough. They'll fix it soon, simple 4" incision flip the tendons to the other side, suture and I'm good. I'm full on donkey kong when it comes to PT so next year I'm going ape, jackson for sure and me and my brother got a bunch of shit planned.

• Like 5

Sucks yo got hurt on a bunny but at least you didnt almost die on a cat track lol

I know right burma, what can you do but I would like it known for the record is wasn't on the trail.

Cat tracks are dangerous, I saw a dude come in hot never see it and launched himself into the stratosphere.......

• Like 2

JLAW the cat track shadows was referring to was around 2008 in whistler. I believe he broke his hip and back in 2006 he almost died at camelback.

Before my time I think

Wrong.

Whistler was was a pretty sizeable backcountry feature.

Cb was a cat

And i was going parrallel not perpendicular on it

It's the beaters you never see coming, I bet there are as many injuries on cats as trails, lots of people limited space and you don't think about it because it's just some where on the way to somewhere else.