BC Still Sucks

First Grade Teacher

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Naw. My record is 62 runs in one day @ CB, and I was still disappointed at closing time that I couldn't get to 63.

That's badass. I'll look through my old data but I know I've done 70k of vert in a day at stowe and blue and did a 57k day at Jackson hole 9-4 with a lunch break. 

I'm going to try for a 100 run day at CB this season. I get First Trax with my season pass, so that'll give me 10-15 extra runs this year. Just need to pick a day where something is going on in Jersey to keep all the Jersians/New Yawkahs from clogging up the high speeds during the afternoon. I'll pack some crackers for lunch, and bring my CamelBak to ensure continued hydration.

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm going to try for a 100 run day at CB this season. I get First Trax with my season pass, so that'll give me 10-15 extra runs this year. Just need to pick a day where something is going on in Jersey to keep all the Jersians/New Yawkahs from clogging up the high speeds during the afternoon. I'll pack some crackers for lunch, and bring my CamelBak to ensure continued hydration.

I'd want some pocket meat for a day like that. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'd want some pocket meat for a day like that. 

Just now, saltyant said:

Found an old data file... not quite your 57k or 70k Steeze but it's a start.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1285434968

I skied like 2.6 million vert in 66 days my senior year in high school. That's when my Blue sessions on weekends were like indiggios. 7:30am-5pm

whats the most days you skied in a season Saltyant and most days in a row??

i stopped keeping track of runs. Just keep track of days and am happy with weekends, ski trips and one or two nights a week plus every powder day and every warm day. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I skied like 2.6 million vert in 66 days my senior year in high school. That's when my Blue sessions on weekends were like indiggios. 7:30am-5pm

whats the most days you skied in a season Saltyant and most days in a row??

i stopped keeping track of runs. Just keep track of days and am happy with weekends, ski trips and one or two nights a week plus every powder day and every warm day. 

Nice stats! I'm nowhere near you. This is actually only my third season, but I became addicted really fast. I skiied 37 days last season... no idea how many days in a row. Usually go out Saturday and maybe Sunday, and then 1 or 2 days during the week.

Just now, saltyant said:

Nice stats! I'm nowhere near you. This is actually only my third season, but I became addicted really fast. I skiied 37 days last season... no idea how many days in a row. Usually go out Saturday and maybe Sunday, and then 1 or 2 days during the week.

Enjoy being a newish skier. It's exciting when you feel improvement. I enjoy skiing but have become a bit jaded. Good to have you posting here. Post lots of reports this season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Enjoy being a newish skier. It's exciting when you feel improvement. I enjoy skiing but have become a bit jaded. Good to have you posting here. Post lots of reports this season. 

Thanks. I'm interested to see if I've maxed out my ability, or if I can continue to improve this season. I taught myself how to ski fairly well without ever taking a lesson. Still suck on moguls though =\

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Killington. Heading up to Stowe this year.

Otherwise, I've been to CB, Shawnee, BB, Blue, Eagle Rock, Montage, Elk, and Roundtop.

Stowe is the best in the east was my home mountain when I was in college. Just keep skiing new places and go out west sooner than later. Life is short. 

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:
5 minutes ago, saltyant said:
Killington. Heading up to Stowe this year.
Otherwise, I've been to CB, Shawnee, BB, Blue, Eagle Rock, Montage, Elk, and Roundtop.

Did I ski with you one night at Blue last year?

I only went on Valentine's Day evening for the $14 special, but don't recall skiing with anyone. Were you there that night?

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Stowe is the best in the east was my home mountain when I was in college. Just keep skiing new places and go out west sooner than later. Life is short. 

Looking forward to Stowe. I was going to go back to Killington, but I agree that life's too short to ski the same mountains all the time. I definitely plan on heading west after skiing a few more mountains in Vermont.

• Thanks 1