BC Still Sucks

First Grade Teacher

A friend at Elk skis his age on his birthday.  Last year he was 60 and skiied 63 runs.  He gets on the mountain with the ski patrollers before official opening time and skis until almost 10:00 .  Rides the double at lodge and only skis Susquehanna.

We think he's a little crazy....

Just now, rummy said:

A friend at Elk skis his age on his birthday.  Last year he was 60 and skiied 63 runs.  He gets on the mountain with the ski patrollers before official opening time and skis until almost 10:00 .  Rides the double at lodge and only skis Susquehanna.

Reminds me of Boston Bob a Stowe regular who only skis liftline and only rides the quad and skis Mach schnell every run..he's done 100k vert days at Stowe. Also is known to ski shirtless in th spring and he has a pudgy physique. 

With Elks lifts he probably finished those 60th b-day runs just after turning 61 (i kid I kid)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
31 minutes ago, rummy said:

With Elks lifts he probably finished those 60th b-day runs just after turning 61.

Well you had me chuckling, but midweek you can get 5 1/2 runs per hour.  So, he theoretically can get his 60 runs in between 8:00 am and 7:00 pm but he does stop into lodge for a beer a couple times throughout the day.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Found my personal best at Camelback:

https://gpx.io/a/jx5x

3/4/2017

• Start time: 9:05 am
  • End time: 9:41 pm
  • Total decent: 40,304 ft
  • Total runs: 62 or 63
  • Fun level: Insanely Fun
  • Camelback level achieved: Wild Bactrian Camel

Was that mostly on the lift that's in the front the Sullivan 

10 minutes ago, rummy said:

We do a round trip run in about 11 minutes, so depending on the lift, I'll say about 7-8 minutes on average. 3-4 minutes a run.  

(Give or take a minute)

Best I've ever done off the six pack at Blue is 8 in an hour...ever since they added the RFID turnstyles 7 is more likely. 5 up two down max

11 minutes ago, rummy said:

We do a round trip run in about 11 minutes, so depending on the lift, I'll say about 7-8 minutes on average. 3-4 minutes a run.  

(Give or take a minute)

Best I've ever done off the six pack at Blue is 8 in an hour...ever since they added the RFID turnstyles 7 is more likely. 5 up two down max. Pretty impossible to do over 7 an hour unless the lift doesn't stop so really only the first hour or a real empty day that's possible. Usually first two hours at Blue on a weekend on 7-6 the first two hours or 7-5. Very rare to not be able to get 4-5 runs an hour in with moderate lifelines although I'm usually in the parking lot or at home if it's really crowded. 

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Best I've ever done off the six pack at Blue is 8 in an hour...ever since they added the RFID turnstyles 7 is more likely. 5 up two down max. Pretty impossible to do over 7 an hour unless the lift doesn't stop so really only the first hour or a real empty day that's possible. Usually first two hours at Blue on a weekend on 7-6 the first two hours or 7-5. Very rare to not be able to get 4-5 runs an hour in with moderate lifelines although I'm usually in the parking lot or at home if it's really crowded. 

At Elk we can usually get 10 runs in before the lines get too long, around 10:30 on weekends. But, that's ok we'll take another run and be in line for the bar opening at 11:00 ;-) 

If conditions are really good we'll go back out around 12:15 for a few more runs until the lunch break crowds come back out, about 1:30----- then it's boots off and back to our reserved seats at the bar.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rummy said:

At Elk we can usually get 10 runs in before the lines get too long, around 10:30 on weekends. But, that's ok we'll take another run and be in line for the bar opening at 11:00 ;-) 

If conditions are really good we'll go back out around 12:15 for a few more runs until the lunch break crowds come back out, about 1:30----- then it's boots off and back to our reserved seats at the bar.

How bad are the crowds at Elk on weekends? Is it worth going? I went on a Friday last year and it was amazing, truly like skiing in Vermont. Considering a weekend or two this year, but not if I have to stand in line all day long.

How bad are the crowds at Elk on weekends? Is it worth going? I went on a Friday last year and it was amazing, truly like skiing in Vermont. Considering a weekend or two this year, but not if I have to stand in line all day long.

Avoid the holiday weekends and lines aren't too long. We're spoiled skiing mid week so 5-10 minute waits are too long.

Sunday's are always less crowded than Saturdays, especially Sunday afternoons.
Seems most people buy only a morning ticket on Sundays.

If you want a real treat, come midweek and you'll feel like you own the mountain.

Also night skiing is empty but the lighted trails are limited.

Like Blue, the race teams and various organised races put Slalom off limits ( one of Elks black diamonds) on most weekends.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1