12/18/17 - Warmer, foggy

indiggio

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Indiggio how were the bumps today??  As the week goes on I think they'll get big.  

Started out quite firm, but about 10:30 or so, the fog lifted, the sun started getting stronger and the temps started to rise and they turned superb.
Snow in between the bumps was edgeable and the bumps were soft.
When we were in the parking lot, the shadows were starting to cover them.  Good time to depart.

Indiggio how were the bumps today??  As the week goes on I think they'll get big.  

Bumps were superb until the shade hit them around 1:30. They were still good after but I’m being a whiney fuk. Indiggio and I saw the same Asian girl struggling on tuts three runs in a row. Blue should rename tuts as The Orient Distress in her honor (ba-dum-tiss [emoji12]).

Spoke to MILF-y woman at bbq truck, said they will be there every weekend starting this weekend. We will see. Honestly, it makes more sense to me to have the food trucks (yes another A-town truck pulled in later in the afternoon) handle the weekend crowds instead of blue running the outside food biz (labor/ supplies and now some else’s headache).

Be back tomorrow!!!!!
  • Like 1

Had to do a recert class at LVH this morning. Headed to Blue afterwards for a couple hours. I figured I was already halfway there. Only did Challenge once. Was getting scraped off with scattered piles of soft snow. Main Street, Lazy, Paradise all nice. Looks like rain Saturday and Sunday 😡😡😠😠. Hope not. Want to see these ski areas around here making some money over the Christmas break. 

1 minute ago, momskeeztoo said:

Had to do a recert class at LVH this morning. Headed to Blue afterwards for a couple hours. I figured I was already halfway there. Only did Challenge once. Was getting scraped off with scattered piles of soft snow. Main Street, Lazy, Paradise all nice. Looks like rain Saturday and Sunday 😡😡😠😠. Hope not. Want to see these ski areas around here making some money over the Christmas break. 

I think it's only supposed to rain on Saturday...the big money days are 12/26-12/30..Xmas eve, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day are usually light to moderate crowds.  After this weekend looks to return to cold weather again.  

I'm skiing tomorrow night...anybody else??

2 hours ago, tarponhead said:

Bumps were superb until the shade hit them around 1:30. They were still good after but I’m being a whiney fuk. Indiggio and I saw the same Asian girl struggling on tuts three runs in a row. Blue should rename tuts as The Orient Distress in her honor (ba-dum-tiss emoji12.png).

Spoke to MILF-y woman at bbq truck, said they will be there every weekend starting this weekend. We will see. Honestly, it makes more sense to me to have the food trucks (yes another A-town truck pulled in later in the afternoon) handle the weekend crowds instead of blue running the outside food biz (labor/ supplies and now some else’s headache).

Be back tomorrow!!!!!

Damn!  I forgot about the Asian girl.   I don't think she moved 10' from where we saw her the first pass until the 3rd.

Yeah, the BBQ truck MILF was a sight to see.   I don't know where she disappeared to.  Might have been driving the pickup truck around.

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I think it's only supposed to rain on Saturday...the big money days are 12/26-12/30..Xmas eve, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day are usually light to moderate crowds.  After this weekend looks to return to cold weather again.  

I'm skiing tomorrow night...anybody else??

Planning to be out for awhile tomorrow night. Stopped at Buckman's on the way home and had my boots molded . They still feel a little tight but looking forward to trying them out.

• Like 1

I was there from 4:30 to about 9. It rained very slightly for about 10 minutes at some point--forget what time. But even when I left at nine the snow was still awesome. Soft and carvey and super fun.  Except for Challenge, which was scrapey and pushed around by about 7. Also a bunch of lights were  out and Jaysus it was dark in places, which I only care about because of the snowboarders straight-lining the entire run and possibly/probably at some point not seeing me.

Just now, SallyCat said:

I was there from 4:30 to about 9. It rained very slightly for about 10 minutes at some point--forget what time. But even when I left at nine the snow was still awesome. Soft and carvey and super fun.  Except for Challenge, which was scrapey and pushed around by about 7. Also a bunch of lights were  out and Jaysus it was dark in places, which I only care about because of the snowboarders straight-lining the entire run and possibly/probably at some point not seeing me.

blue is pretty notorious for certain parts of trails having poor lighting

Edited by theprogram4