12-22...we out here

Shadows

24 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm baffled how I still have account privileges after getting yelled at by someone on here every other day.  This is fun!

I know the owner of PASR..if you ever getting banned I'll just harass him until you're unbanned and if that doesn't work I'll put his phone number on a men seeking men ad on Craigslist. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Barb said:

That’s how I always feel shortly after I get to NJ. I feel your pain. 

My moms like it's gonna be cold tomorrow do you have a jacket(in the 40s tomorrow) I said I brought a fleece and she said why don't we go to Macy's and I'll buy you a jacket..fuck that..

im sure there are people who don't have parents that would appreciate some crap ass Macy's jacket..but I'm not one of them. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

14 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm considering demoing some Volkl RTMs tomorrow at Camelback. Sounds like it might be a perfect day to try them - super hard pack.

They let you demo 3 different skis for $60. Taking into account the aggregate advice of everyone on here, I should try different widths before I buy. My options are Volkl RTM 81, 84, and 86. They also have others available.

What are your other choices?

4 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

What are your other choices?

Volkl Kendos, and Atomic Advantage 77-83 cti. There are so many options and differences that I'm a little overwhelmed. But ultimately it comes down to how I feel on them, and if I like a pair I will likely buy it.

im glad toast told me that the rtm widths differences are too subtle to notice, so I wont waste one of my 3 options on a different width of the same ski.

Edited by saltyant

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Out of all skis why the Volkyl RTMs??  Those widths are so similar. I'd check out the Bacons. 

They seem like a good ski and are popular. Idk. What are Bacons? I'll test rtms once and then pick 2 other completely different skis

Edited by saltyant

14 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Volkl Kendos, and Atomic Advantage 77-83 cti. There are so many options and differences that I'm a little overwhelmed. But ultimately it comes down to how I feel on them, and if I like a pair I will likely buy it.

im glad toast told me that the rtm widths differences are too subtle to notice, so I wont waste one of my 3 options on a different width of the same ski.

Kendos.  I wouldn't pay $60 to demo at Cameltoe though.  That's a fucking rip-off.  Windham is $55 and you can switch out skis as many times as you want all day.

19 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Kendos.  I wouldn't pay $60 to demo at Cameltoe though.  That's a fucking rip-off.  Windham is $55 and you can switch out skis as many times as you want all day.

But windham is 3+ hours away and Salty would have to buy a lift ticket as well. Anyway often the price you pay for the demos is applied towards the purchase price of skis. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

But windham is 3+ hours away and Salty would have to buy a lift ticket as well. Anyway often the price you pay for the demos is applied towards the purchase price of skis. 

But, but, butttttt

It's also a much bigger mountain, with much longer runs, bigger demo fleet,  and they still apply the demo price towards the purchase price.

42 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Since you're still a n00b, I'd stick with something with a smaller radius to help you learn to arc turns at slower speeds.  Nothing more than 17m.  I think you need a ski between what you have an Kendo's...it's a little too stiff for you I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Since you're still a n00b, I'd stick with something with a smaller radius to help you learn to arc turns at slower speeds.  Nothing more than 17m.  I think you need a ski between what you have an Kendo's...it's a little too stiff for you I think.

Yeah, so bacons for salty too

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I'm baffled how I still have account privileges after getting yelled at by someone on here every other day.  This is fun!

Aw, Salty, I was a dick and got yelled at and yelled back and whatever. They still let me post and I jam up the threads because I really want to be a writer but all I do is grade papers so I post on PASR.  If I'm still here pretty much anyone is safe.   

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Thanks AtomicJeff. I know everyone on here advocates wide skis and stiffness, but I'm on a different level than you all. Maybe in a few years. I'm looking to progress from entry level to intermediate, not expert/advanced.

I thought I had a good handle on what is meant by lengths and widths... I should get 170 length, and 80-90 width. Now you introduced another dimension (17m) so I'm all confused!

Edited by saltyant

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks AtomicJeff. I know everyone on here advocates wide skis and stiffness, but I'm on a different level than you all. Maybe in a few years. I'm looking to progress from entry level to intermediate, not expert/advanced.

I thought I had a good handle on lengths and widths... I should get 170 length, and 80-90 width. Now you introduced another dimension (17m) so I'm all confused!

Try the 90ctis, trust me. They are very forgiving and hold an edge well. They are also very light. My other recommendation is a dark horse, but the Nordica Soul Rider is an awesome, playful ski that holds an edge well but is forgiving and fun. True Blue should have that one; I know they carry Nordica now. 

Edit: if your boots suck, take care of that before you demo skis. JD at Blue is a good bootfitter, just make sure you ask for him. His staff are lovely but they are salespeople  more than bootfitters. 

Edited by SallyCat
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I thought I had a good handle on what is meant by lengths and widths... I should get 170 length, and 80-90 width. Now you introduced another dimension (17m) so I'm all confused!

What's your height and weight?  5'11 150???  If you don't weigh much you need a lot of force to bend a stiff ski..I know guitar who's like 150-160 pounds said mantras are too stiff for him. 

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

3 things...length, width, and radius.  If I had to pick a ski for you, it'd be something 170-175cm long, 80-90mm width, and 15m radius without any metal.  Ideas anyone?