12-22...we out here

Shadows

19 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

And that's why Ridge was admitted onto my chair and your application is....pending.  

I'm just goofing around, GSS. Too much rain, and at least another three days of not skiing. A girl has to entertain herself somehow!

Well I bet you'll be up Tuesday morning..holiday crowds seem to take longer to descend on the slopes of among Bleu

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well I bet you'll be up Tuesday morning..holiday crowds seem to take longer to descend on the slopes of among Bleu

In Vermont until the 2nd burning up my Max Pass. Probably Okemo, Pico, Sunapee. Saving the K days for the spring. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Shadows said:

What the fuck happened to this thread

100% my fault; I've been working online all day and playing around here for recreation in between bouts of grading. 

So, Blue was good yesterday and I met some PASRs and they were nice and it was fun.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm going out tomorrow morning. Based on conversations with Steeze, the snow should be fast and soft after today's rain.

Wait I said fast and soft during the rain..the day after is a crap shoot. Let me check the forecast for Camelback and I'll be right back with my prediction. I thought it was supposed to get cold so probably be icy death. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah will be firm tomorrow. Was firm Thursday night and SallyAnt had funn

I'm considering demoing some Volkl RTMs tomorrow at Camelback. Sounds like it might be a perfect day to try them - super hard pack.

They let you demo 3 different skis for $60. Taking into account the aggregate advice of everyone on here, I should try different widths before I buy. My options are Volkl RTM 81, 84, and 86. They also have others available.

Edited by saltyant

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Im ready to go home...my family are a bunch of busy bodies..well it's only once a year I go down here.  

My parents friends want to meet me as well and are coming over at 5pm..I asked if they are their age and they said no younger..lol they're 63 and 65...fucking olds.  Almost as bad as a last year my parents neighbor who used to be in the CIA heard I smoke pot cause my mom is a blabber mouth and he said he always wanted to try it and my mom said I'd smoke him up..fuck that shit.  It's legal in DC he can buy it there or take a flight to Denver. 

Also my office manager has been sick the last three days and refused to leave early and now I have a sore throat..I don't think I've been sick in 6 years. 

Also my parents dont have orange juice but they have prune juice so my dad went to the store and got me OJ and the Diet Coke they have is caffeine free so I had him get me the normal kind.  JADIP

my moms already asking me if I'm going with them to Lake Anna this summer..nope I'm going to Europe alone..maybe get some 18 year old hookers in Amsterdam. My last trip there was with my ex so no hookers. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Which PASRs did you meet??

Indiggio was super nice and we skied a couple of runs and he gave me some great advice on my stance. I think I met Tarpon, too?? God, sorry I got a bit lost trying to remember screen name and real names and I was operating on about two hours' sleep. 

• Like 1

I'm considering demoing some Volkl RTMs tomorrow at Camelback. Sounds like it might be a perfect day to try them.
They let you demo 3 different skis for $60. Taking into account the aggregate advice of everyone on here, I should try different widths before I buy. My options are Volkl RTM 81, 84, and 86. They also have others available.

You will notice very little difference between those widths. Try something ~85, 95, 105

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@saltyant  You might call the mountain and make sure the program is up and running. A friend of mine wanted to demo a couple of skis last week and they said they wouldn't have the demo thing going until January.  

Edit: if it is up and running, try the Atomic Vantage 90cti, too.

Edited by SallyCat

1 minute ago, SallyCat said:

God, sorry I got a bit lost trying to remember screen name and real names and I was operating on about two hours' sleep. 

Don't feel bad. I had the same issue. I was introduced to 15 PASR'ers the one day, and I only could remember a handful. I thought RidgeRacer was Shadows. Now I know what RidgeRacer looks like so I can try to run away before getting yelled at (kidding!)