Help with Binding Mount Question?

SallyCat

Just got new Volkl RTMs with system bindings, and I put the bindings on the rails and then secured them with the one center screw they use. Problem is, one of the screws gets flush but won't tighten. The other one is fine. 

Any suggestions? Locktite or something?

(And no, I'm not doing the whole installation myself, I will have Blue's shop do a final adjustment and release test.)

These are the bindings. Thanks for any input.

https://abetterski.com/ski-binding-reviews/marker-ipt-wideride-12-ski-binding-review/

Oh, it's soooo important to pay for the final adjustments. Rocket science.

Is it the bolt that's stripped or where it's being screwed into? It's not clear from your picture where exactly that bolt is, but if it's anything like those Fischers or Atomics that I've seen, then it's not really load bearing. You'll be screwed only if it completely falls out. With that said, if the skis were bought locally, I'd just exchange them. If the screw is not too loose, I'd use blue loctite and then still check it every time I go skiing. Otherwise just create new threads and find a bigger bolt in HD.

Shit, it just won't tighten.

All I want is to pay $25 for an adjustment instead of $80 for a mount. That's the only reason I put them on the rails to begin with--hoping that counts as "mounted."

Most place don't charge as much to mount a system binding as they do a flat ski, but Blue seems to have only one price and I don't want to pay the high one.

Just now, indiggio said:

Same result, meaning the same hole keeps spinning or does the spinning follow the screw?

Are the threads in the hole into which the screw is going stripped?

Yeah, sorry I was unclear. The same hole spins both screws. The other hole tightens both screws.

Not sure about the threads; I'd have to take the binding off to look at it I think. 

I'm about to give up and just hand it over to Blue's shop and see what they say. 

Thanks for the help, though! 

1 minute ago, SallyCat said:

Yeah, sorry I was unclear. The same hole spins both screws. The other hole tightens both screws.

Not sure about the threads; I'd have to take the binding off to look at it I think. 

I'm about to give up and just hand it over to Blue's shop and see what they say. 

Thanks for the help, though! 

Yeah, without actually seeing the ski/hole/threads, it's a bit hard to tell.

If you're gonna be at Blue tomorrow, could take a peek at it then?

I think with all the swapping and trying it's too late for a loctite now. So it's either drill bigger hole, put new threads and use bigger screw, or drill, put some thread repair coil in it and reuse old screw. Either way this will affect a resale.

Where did you score these RTMs?

7 minutes ago, eaf said:

I think with all the swapping and trying it's too late for a loctite now. So it's either drill bigger hole, put new threads and use bigger screw, or drill, put some thread repair coil in it and reuse old screw. Either way this will affect a resale.

Where did you score these RTMs?

Most likely threads are stripped.

Blue guys might have helicoil in house or bigger screw to put in there if it's shot.