Belleayre 2/7/18 Pow Day

RootDKJ

3-4” so far of soft fast blower pow on top of the groomed out 3” they got yesterday. Coming down hard. 1-2”/hour for sure. The gondubie is legit. Gonna hit the quad soon because the terrain here is limited.

Can’t upload pics yet. Best day of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Ok. In the lodge for lunch. 10 runs in 2.5 hours. So much untracked here along the sides. 6-8” so fat and still nuking 1” an hour.

Driving up
e3db7b624a5a0b1376aff1a184a0898a.jpg

First Gondi toast
eeb461cd7bc9069247b5cb2a9ad5717a.jpg

Local meth head.
ba4ffd5743c2b7fa7634cd4385a1a364.jpg
“I’ve got grams brah”

Lift gift! The gondubie fucking delivers!
e030885afff420d0a810448a580f49a3.jpg

Second lift toast
5d513fb1735b9ca1c68f608f91f52aad.jpg

Why is there always a gaper bringing skis into the lodge
7f193d5f4b68f7c140ac3361f5221426.jpg

Lunch
6c777525398727c37a2f6673cde712e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Best day of the season. 10” and it didn’t change over to shit until 2:30.

More later....

Glad you got to enjoy the powder today. I've been taking my skis in the lodge every day to boot up. Probably being a gaper, but just too lazy to lock them outside and no one's yelled at me yet.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Glad you got to enjoy the powder today. I've been taking my skis in the lodge every day to boot up. Probably being a gaper, but just too lazy to lock them outside and no one's yelled at me yet.

You boot up inside??  Wow just wow.  Do you get a locker for your shoes??

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You boot up inside??  Wow just wow.  Do you get a locker for your shoes??

I usually boot up at my car but when there's snow on the ground I boot up inside because if I accidentally get my socks wet from the snow it's game over and impossible to get the boots on. I just toss my shoes in a bin and they haven't been stolen yet. Doubt anyone wants them but if they get stolen I'll just go to the Salvation Army and get a few pairs to leave in ski lodges.

Don't want to threadjack Root since he's always cool to me. Hope you had fun riding the gondoobie Root. I'll have to check out Belleayre some time.

Edited by saltyant

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I usually boot up at my car but when there's snow on the ground I boot up inside because if I accidentally get my socks wet from the snow it's game over and impossible to get the boots on. I just toss my shoes in a bin and they haven't been stolen yet. Doubt anyone wants them but if they get stolen I'll just go to the Salvation Army and get a few pairs to leave in ski lodges.

Don't want to threadjack Root since he's always cool to me. Hope you had fun riding the gondoobie Root. I'll have to check out Belleayre some time.

Wow just wow your post makes me feel even more agile lol

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, momskeeztoo said:

I take my skis in the lower lodge at Blue all the time. So do all the other mid week people who boot up in the back. 

Blue is one of the few ski areas I know of where it's common to bring skis in the lodge both upper and lower lodges. A lot of ski resorts have signs on the doors that say no skis in the lodge.  

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue is one of the few ski areas I know of where it's common to bring skis in the lodge both upper and lower lodges. A lot of ski resorts have signs on the doors that say no skis in the lodge.  

That's the only place I bring my skis in. Don't even do it early season in top lodge. 

5 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I want to get up to Belleayre this year. Really pushing it for a day trip for me. Not sure if I'd want to stay up there alone overnight. Locals seemed a little creepy to me last time I was there. That was awhile ago, so maybe things changed. 

You could always drive up the night before and stay at the Delaware court motel. Some nice restaurants in Phoenicia.  There's a lot of poverty in the Catskills  

http://www.delawaremotelcatskills.com/

or stay at one of the chain hotels along the interstate in Kingston if retro isn't your thing. 

IMG_2568.JPG

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A lot of ski resorts have signs on the doors that say no skis in the lodge.  

I've read that sign at several resorts and still brought them in anyway. I think it's one of those rules that isn't heavily enforced. Worst case scenario they'll ask you to take your skis outside so I figure it's worth the risk. But if the lodge is crowded I leave them outside so I dont poke someones eye out.

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You could always drive up the night before and stay at the Delaware court motel. Some nice restaurants in Phoenicia.  There's a lot of poverty in the Catskills  

http://www.delawaremotelcatskills.com/

or stay at one of the chain hotels along the interstate in Kingston if retro isn't your thing. 

IMG_2568.JPG

I actually prefer smaller, family owned places to chain motels when I'm skiing. I don't know what it is about the area around Belleayre. Creeps me out. It's like a Steven King book. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I actually prefer smaller, family owned places to chain motels when I'm skiing. I don't know what it is about the area around Belleayre. Creeps me out. It's like a Steven King book. 

Hahahahahaha. For real.  So many abandoned stuff along 28. Old religious summer retreats, restaurants, the weird rocket ship place. I’d head that way in a zombie apocalypse for decent off the beaten path shelters. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1