3/3-3/4 weekend roll call thread...

Just now, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I enjoy skiing slower with my kids (actually with the slower of them, as I tend to follow whoever lags so as to provide any needed help without having to hike uphill) every bit as much as I enjoy skiing faster by myself. 

Is that so you can work on your technique?  I despise making slow deliberate. I find skiing fast to be a lot easier.  The one low visibility day in Jackson hole was way more tiring because I couldn't let my skis run and was throwing them sideways a lot more. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is that so you can work on your technique?  I despise making slow deliberate. I find skiing fast to be a lot easier.  The one low visibility day in Jackson hole was way more tiring because I couldn't let my skis run and was throwing them sideways a lot more. 

It's because I enjoy being a parent and watching and helping them improve. I actually get way more exercise skiing with them as it takes a lot more work to go slow than to rip down a run.

I will go a bit ahead of them in trees or bumps to try to show them a route to follow 

If I want to go fast, I will often let them get a fair bit ahead of me and then catch up.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It's because I enjoy being a parent and watching and helping them improve. I actually get way more exercise skiing with them as it takes a lot more work to go slow than to rip down a run.

I will go a bit ahead of them in trees or bumps to try to show them a route to follow 

If I want to go fast, I will often let them get a fair bit ahead of me and then catch up.

That's what I do with salty and Mrs. Snowbunski...let them go ahead and catch up and fly by them.  That's good that you like being a parent. Even though I never will have kids, I appreciate the fact that some like having kids. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That's what I do with salty and Mrs. Snowbunski...let them go ahead and catch up and fly by them.  That's good that you like being a parent. Even though I never will have kids, I appreciate the fact that some like having kids. 

Naaaaaaaaaaw. I smoked you on Main Street that one night. I was doing close to 50 and waited at the Challenge Express.

Just now, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

If you hadn't spent so much time waiting for GSS you might not have bored of skiing 

Haha. It was actually only one time. Another night on Razors I hit 53 my record and they were still leagues ahead of me. Lately I've convinced myself that if I keep up those fast speeds I'm gonna wreck myself, so I've slowed down to 30 ish.

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Going fast is a bit more dangerous in the spring skiing conditions we are having of late as it is easier for your skis to get caught. I took a nasty fall last weekend at the bottom of Falls.

That's why we mostly stick to our fat skis in the spring slop

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Going fast is a bit more dangerous in the spring skiing conditions we are having of late as it is easier for your skis to get caught. I took a nasty fall last weekend at the bottom of Falls.

That's how I fell on hot cocoa day. My ski caught an edge in tracked out spring snow. Always paranoid that's going to happen but I haven't done that in a while.