Jump to content

Bluetooth set up for ski helmet


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

ODT Chips. I love it but I wish it was a touch louder. Also, poor recharging design. Other than that, works great for music and phone. 

I bought ODT Chips at the beginning of last season and it was definitely worth it. No more wearing uncomfortable earbuds or annoying everyone with a speaker. And I think the battery lasts about 10 hours.

Root, you can turn the volume up by clicking the left side repeatedly, I think. The only time I can't hear well is over snow guns, otherwise I can get the volume up to a good level.

My only complaint with them is they dont always power on in very cold temperatures, but I find if I go inside and power them on, they'll stay on. Also, the charging mechanism is kind of annoying because if you forget or lose it, you cant charge them.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm another ODT Chips user, albeit, for about a month.  The charging design sucks (have to pull the one ear piece out of the helmet to charge), but overall pretty good.  I feel like my battery lasts way longer than 10 hours though.  I had them powered on (not necessarily listening to music the entire time) from 9am to 1:30pm for 4 ski days in a row in UT, and then two more days at Blue, and my battery wasn't even 50%, assuming that the battery indicator via BT is actually accurate.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Root, you can turn the volume up by clicking the left side repeatedly,

Mine seems to only go to 10.  You must have the ST edition that goes to 11.

You can also use the volume function on the phone.  I run mine at max all the time and I wish it would be a touch louder still.  All rechargeable batteries hate the cold.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

The charging design sucks (have to pull the one ear piece out of the helmet to charge)

Would it be possible to add a short pigtail cord to the charging port on the earpiece and tuck it in the helmet when not needed, or do they use some proprietary connector?

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Would it be possible to add a short pigtail cord to the charging port on the earpiece and tuck it in the helmet when not needed, or do they use some proprietary connector?

Propriety connector.  It's essentially a 3.5mm headphone jack that's used for charging.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Would it be possible to add a short pigtail cord to the charging port on the earpiece and tuck it in the helmet when not needed, or do they use some proprietary connector?

The problem is they choose to use a 3.5mm “headphone” adapter as the charging port with a 3.5mm to  USB cord. 

I just got a 3.5mm to Micro USB right angle adapter to test.  It re-charges ok but the Chips won’t power on with it connected. 

 

4A025BEC-BE08-4A4A-9B8F-473E8852191E.jpeg

Edited by RootDKJ
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RootDKJ said:

The problem is they choose to use a 3.5mm “headphone” adapter as the charging port with a 3.5mm to  USB cord. 

I just got a 3.5mm to Micro USB right angle adapter to test.  It re-charges ok but the Chips won’t power on with it connected. 

 

4A025BEC-BE08-4A4A-9B8F-473E8852191E.jpeg

Wankers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...