Jackson hole 2/5-2/13...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

Do any other lifts open at 9:00 or is that the only one? 

All of them open at 9, unless of course they get delayed for bombs.  Personally i think the tram is overrated, and the gondi is the way to go.  you can actually get a ride up to solitude station before 9, but it really doesnt get you anything stellar except maybe a cocoa you could split with Mute.  

I have been looking at the cams for a week or so now, and thats the biggest line up i have seen.  I would say the lineup for the tram started before 7.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

All of them open at 9, unless of course they get delayed for bombs.  Personally i think the tram is overrated, and the gondi is the way to go.  you can actually get a ride up to solitude station before 9, but it really doesnt get you anything stellar except maybe a cocoa you could split with Mute.  

I have been looking at the cams for a week or so now, and thats the biggest line up i have seen.  I would say the lineup for the tram started before 7.  

Thanks. I don't remember much from the last time there because I just followed Jeff and Doug around. Now that I have to show Mute and Ryan around I need to have a better game plan.

• Like 1

I’m watching the webcams right now and the base area except for the Tram will be cleared of people in another 10-15 minutes..both gondolas and the teewinot lift have a lot of capacity.  There will surely be epic long lines on this huge pow day on thunder and sublette and maybe Teton lift as well.  Marmet never has a line and can access 1,000 vert of nice woods from it. 

Today is the opposite of a sleeper pow day.  If it was like 4-5” new wouldn’t be that busy but 18” in 24 hours with 8” overnight woooo

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Thanks. I don't remember much from the last time there because I just followed Jeff and Doug around. Now that I have to show Mute and Ryan around I need to have a better game plan.

There weren’t crowds at all the days you skied with me and Jeff.  Best advice is to get in line early..then you’ll at least have a few laps on upper mountain lifts with no lines. 

I also realized that I never skied cheyanne gully with NMSki,JFDan and MBike Mike...all y’all will have to come back again so we can ski it.  That’s a fun fun run that leads to either north Hoback or lower Sublette ridge...like a natural halfpipe

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

As pretty much did i the first time, this year i had a better idea of the early AM route off of the gondi.  I like the root, first thing in the AM its sweet whether its pow or groomed.  I skied some new stuff there which i thought was real nice, Washakie glades, and saratoga bowl.  

44 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I also realized that I never skied cheyanne gully with NMSki,JFDan and MBike Mike...all y’all will have to come back again so we can ski it.  That’s a fun fun run that leads to either north Hoback or lower Sublette ridge...like a natural halfpipe

I really liked the Bird in Hand - Table rock run we did.  the choke at the bottom was pretty challenging.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

As pretty much did i the first time, this year i had a better idea of the early AM route off of the gondi.  I like the root, first thing in the AM its sweet whether its pow or groomed.  I skied some new stuff there which i thought was real nice, Washakie glades, and saratoga bowl.  

I really liked the Bird in Hand - Table rock run we did.  the choke at the bottom was pretty challenging.  

It really helps that you were there 2 years in a row, know where things are, and can route find pretty well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I'm definitely coming back.  JH is too good and life is too short.

30 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Totally agree with you here.  Staying ahead of the crowds is great.  That whole Moran Face (washakie) area and Saratoga Bowl skied real nice too.  

Moran Face, Saratoga Bowl, Alta 1, the Headwall, Expert Chutes and Crags Hike-to were all on my list to check off this year.  Gotta go back for the Expert Chutes and Crags hike-to stuff.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I like mine with lettuce and tomato.  Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes.  I really started to get overdosed on french fries on that trip.  

Despite skiing hard I gained 5 lbs from all the beer and good food and weird dumping schedule.

8 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Despite skiing hard I gained 5 lbs from all the beer and good food and weird dumping schedule.

I lost 4-5 pounds...but I drank about the least amount I ever have in JH and didn’t have much of an appetite the first three days.  Today I’ve been ravonous but only had one real meal yesterday.  

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

Not that I know of. 
Camden, NJ is typically his closest approach nowadays.

Right on. I’ve never given jimmy buffet much thought although I just saw that he had songs in both Summer Rental and Fast Times at Ridgemont High..he’s not quite Kenny Loggins but up there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'm a big Buffett Fan. I've been to Camden to see him a few times though Camden is conspicuously absent from the tour schedule so far for this summer. 

He's playing PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ this year for some reason.

After the last concert we went to in Camden, wife said never again.
Porta-potties were totally overflowing with a shit river flowing away from them.

Just now, indiggio said:

He's playing PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ this year for some reason.

After the last concert we went to in Camden, wife said never again.
Porta-potties were totally overflowing with a shit river flowing away from them.

I've heard that the go to item at buffet concerts is a home depot bucket with a pool noodle around the rim for padding.  

Those silly baby boomers!  

1 minute ago, NMSKI said:

I've heard that the go to item at buffet concerts is a home depot bucket with a pool noodle around the rim for padding.  

Those silly baby boomers!  

Yeah, and they take 4 long poles, tie them together at one end and spread them out like a tee-pee and wrap a tarp around it for a make-shift tee-pee shitter using the noodle-bucket.

Just now, indiggio said:

Yeah, and they take 4 long poles, tie them together at one end and spread them out like a tee-pee and wrap a tarp around it for a make-shift tee-pee shitter using the noodle-bucket.

Ha!  Could come in handy in the lot...

• Haha 1