Official 2018-19 Camelback PASR Day Roll Call Thread

saltyant

16 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

We’re most likely going to end up at Camelback on Monday. I might even buy a value pass. Have to do some research

Seriously? Will you still get a Blue pass? I got the Value Pass 2 seasons ago, since I was primarily night skiing.

Still debating on Camelback or somewhere else for Monday, depending on weather.

Edited by saltyant

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Seriously? Will you still get a Blue pass? I got the Value Pass 2 seasons ago, since I was primarily night skiing.

Hey, waaaaait a sec. With Sausage Sundays migrating to CB, Blue's only hope for survival is acquisition.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, eaf said:

Hey, waaaaait a sec. With Sausage Sundays migrating to CB, Blue's only hope for survival is acquisition.

Sausage Sunday would never migrate to Camelback:

1) they don’t allow tailgating. It’s one of the reasons they suck.

2) the Value Pass isn’t good before 3 pm on Saturdays and Sundays until March.

17 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I would definitely still get a Blue Pass. I would only (maybe) get a value pass if I can verify two things: the weekends after March 1 rule is good this year as well, and that the $100 gift card I have that says Camelback Lodge could be used towards it. I suspect it can’t, and can only be used at the Lodge (hotel.)If so, no chance I would buy the pass. But if it is good, $100 off, factor in the $42 it would cost me to ski Monday, we’re down to $158. Wouldn’t mind one more visit up there this year, would cost me ~$50, down to $108 for a value pass (over possible/probable cash outlay this year) so would seriously consider it. 

Re: the weather thing, I can’t see is doing a NY mountain though I wouldn’t mind doing one. We’re not gonna drive up the night before, so it’s not that attractive a proposition. It will almost surely be Camelback or Montage for us

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really like Windham's trail map. Strongly considering pulling the trigger and booking the Vienna Inn... though I've been already burned once this year with a non-refundable hotel reservation. All hotels for these places require non-refundable deposits.

But not sure I can go because of unusually warm temperatures:

image.png.3233877d8f2caa4a61b92d6c8ec4c0cc.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

I really like Windham's trail map. Strongly considering pulling the trigger and booking the Vienna Inn... though I've been already burned once this year with a non-refundable hotel reservation. All hotels for these places require non-refundable deposits.

But not sure I can go because of unusually warm temperatures:

image.png.3233877d8f2caa4a61b92d6c8ec4c0cc.png

I stayed at the Vienna inn in 2008. It’s nice. They have free DVD rentals at the front desk.  Some of the rooms even have soaking tubs.  Windham is a good place for a mini vacation.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I stayed at the Vienna inn in 2008. It’s nice. They have free DVD rentals at the front desk.  Some of the rooms even have soaking tubs.  Windham is a good place for a mini vacation.  

TFTI. I'm not ready to commit just yet, let me sleep on it and if there are still rooms available tomorrow maybe I'll go to Winnum!

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

TFTI. I'm not ready to commit just yet, let me sleep on it and if there are still rooms available tomorrow maybe I'll go to Winnum!

On a Sunday night I bet there’ll be rooms available right up to the last minute.  If not do some car camping.  Moe Ghoul can give you tips from his days staying in the Moe Tel

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

On a Sunday night I bet there’ll be rooms available right up to the last minute.  If not do some car camping.  Moe Ghoul can give you tips from his days staying in the Moe Tel

Hopefully, looks like a big powder day though. No idea if that will make a difference. Never skied in New Yawk before so it will be rad. I wouldn't car camp unless I had to, especially not in winter. Fudge that!

For those tracking pass options, Belleayre is 629 (199 kids), or full ORDA pass 759 (299 kids).

Adult pass too expensive to be worth it, but might consider getting kids passes (likely the full ORDA one and plan our longer getaways for Gore/Whiteface and then a frequent skier card or a couple 4 packs for me).

Let's see what Peak offers next week and weigh the options with the kids.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

37 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'll be getting a True Blue pass next year. I wonder if Eaf will too???

You never know. But it would be an easier decision if that gift card dealer wasn't driven away on his first day of dealing.

• Sad 1